All reviewsoctagon restaurantthe concierge loungecorner roomfront deskbeautiful hotelred doorroom servicewedding partiesdance competitionoff the highwaystayed for one nightmystic aquariumfitness centerindoor poolminute driveking bedlocal attractions
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I recently spent a few days in this hotel (for both business and leisure), and everything was perfect. The entire staff was courteous and professional, and went beyond the usual impersonal service. The hotel itself is lovely, and well equipped with dining options and the lobby is very spacious and well kept. We have several options to choose from for business trips, and will now always choose this hotel - as a matter of fact, we're returning in a couple of weeks and extended our business stay to allow us some time to relax in the hotel and enjoy the atmosphere.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite large, so - if you choose a room away from the elevator - be prepared for a long walk.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Pru G.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I am happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond to meet your needs, and that you were pleased with the overall hotel itself. I am delighted that you and your husband are returning, and hope that you do have the chance to relax and enjoy all that we have to offer here.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Don't be fooled by the name of the hotel. It's located in a secluded area just off of I95 in Groton, about 10 minutes from Mystic Seaport, but its a beautiful Marriott property. Despite a weekend calendar that included 7 weddings during the weekend of our stay, the staff was prompt and attentive. This was our second stay at the hotel and we hope to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Good gym, nice updated property restaurant has good food great staff Roger and Amy always attentive and great attitude they work the bar always enjoy dinner at the bar
Breakfast buffet at this hotel is also. Very good and complimentary for platinum members

Room Tip: Upper floors concierge access. Great gym. Red door spa.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear rockrimmonroad,

Thank you for your review of the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I am pleased you were happy with the fitness center and the overall property, and that you had the chance to take advantage of the breakfast buffet. I am also glad you enjoyed your experience at Octagon, and I will pass along your comments to Roger and Amy. I hope you get the chance to stay with us again in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Even though it was a one stay this hotel was a high end, luxurious, very comfortable, super friendly staff and service. Entrance is grand and amenities were very good. Restaurant was high quality and really enjoyed the environment.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jcarb19
Reviewed July 17, 2014

As a longtime Marriott Rewards member, I am regularly upgraded and usually enjoy excellent service at Marriott properties. I have stayed at the Mystic Marriott many times, and previously wrote a favorable review. But during my most recent stay, July 7 and 8, there was a noticeable falling off.
Although I was upgraded to the concierge floor, there is no longer a key required to enter this level. Also, in the club room, service has been drastically cut: No breakfasts at all, no dessert at night, and (this happened during my stay) no more replenishments when the first service of after-work snacks runs out.
Service at the front desk has also fallen off. During my check-in and check-out, the front desk rep did not know how to use the computer, and as a result caused considerable confusion and delay.
This is still a good looking hotel: Its corporate luster has been burnished as a longtime favorite of nearby Pfizer employees. But as that business has fallen off, so has the shine. It could use a little polishing.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtesy upgrade

Dear 8MoonRiver,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. During the time of your visit, we had been trying out new processes for the concierge lounge. The first attempt, the one in question, was not successful. We now have a schedule and menu that is favorable to guests and have received very positive feedback.

I understand how you feel about your check in process. We did have a few new additions to our front desk staff and we do our best to get everyone trained in a timely manner. Again, thank you for all of your comments as your feedback helps us to continuously improve. I hope you will stay with us again and give us another chance to show you what a great experience you can have here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa.

Regards,