All reviews octagon restaurant the concierge lounge corner room front desk beautiful hotel red door wedding parties room service dance competition off the highway stayed for one night minute drive mystic aquarium fitness center indoor pool king bed mohegan sun
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was able to stay at this hotel on a business trip. The staff is well trained and very attentive to each hotel customer. It is like staying at a resort property. The best part is the award winning restaurant and lobby bar. The Happy Hour is one of the highlights of staying here. Rooms are very clean and modern. I will try to book a room each time I am on business throught this area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear CRACKER_JEFF,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your stay here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m so glad you had the chance to experience Octagon Steakhouse, and that you enjoyed happy hour at the lounge. I am also delighted you found our rooms to be very clean and modern.

I look forward to your next stay with us when your business travels bring you back to this area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Disappointing. Very disappointing. We stayed here a few years ago and it was outstanding. Great service. Great location. Everything worked. This time... not so much. First, tried printing out some email from the lobby workstations. Tried one, then the other, then the third. Nothing. Finally, someone comes out to the front desk from the back office and says the printer has been broken for a few days. A few days? A printer? Seriously... what can they cost? $300?

Walking down the hallway, it was tray after tray on the floor outside rooms for hours on end. Staff walk by and just either don't see them or have determined it's not within their job description to actually pick them up and return them to the kitchen.

At night, went to the Concierge Lounge at around 7:15. Everything was gone but the water. Seems that they no longer send up a lot of food to the lounge anymore, so if you stay on that level and want to partake, get there at 5:30. And don't let the sign fool you... it's not really staffed from 6:30am. In fact, it's not staffed until early afternoon. When we questioned the discrepancy, the front desk clerk just shrugged and said, "I guess we'll have to update that." Ya think? How about at least updating the website so that what you say will be there is actually there? That would be a good start.

On the positive side, breakfast was very good... but in the final analysis, this looks to me like a property that has already learned it's losing the Marriott brand, so they just figured, "Why bother?"

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Fish4Stripers

Dear Fish4Stripers,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. We recognize the importance of replacing items in a timely manner. During the time of your stay, a printer had been ordered, and is now installed and working properly.

In regards to your comment about the trays, room service does floor checks every couple of hours. Thank you for your comments about the concierge lounge- we have been trying out a few new processes based on guest feedback. We will offer dinner and salad from 5:30 to 7:30 pm and dessert until 10:30. The concierge lounge is no longer staffed at 6:30 am since we moved the elite breakfast to the restaurant. Based on positive guest feedback, this has been the favorable option.

Again, thank you for providing your feedback as it helps us to continuously improve.

Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here one night while touring area colleges. It is a beautiful hotel with a grand entrance. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a hotel/bar. We watched the World Cup while grabbing a snack at the bar/pub which is family friendly. The food was good. The room was impeccably clean with free Wi-Fi. The pool was closed for repair while we were there but we didn't have time to enjoy it anyway. Good location and a quick drive to Mystic.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked a room here for 2 nights in a king size bed and when I checked in was given a small room with 2 double beds. They told me they were unable to change the room as everything was booked ( however I knew the hotel was not booked as some people in the wedding I was attending cancelled their reservations) The staff at the front desk was unhelpful, and gave short responses when not answering my questions or trying to fix the problem. The decor is old and outdated, and room service did not clean the room after my first nights stay. I had to call down for clean towels, and extra toiletrees. The stay overall was probably equivalent to a super 8 or other cheap motel, the only difference was the astronomical price I paid for this horrible service. I will not recommend this place to my friends or family, nor will I choose to stay at another Marriott again as it was not worth the money.

Room Tip: No matter what you book, it will not be what you get. Book a king bed, you'll get 2 double beds instead, and be unable to change rooms. good luck.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mary M

Dear Mary M.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us to continuously improve.

I understand how you feel regarding your room reservation. Please be advised that the room sizes are the same whether it be a king size bed or two double beds. There is a chance your king size bed reservation was put in as a request and not a guarantee. I would be happy to further investigate these concerns and encourage you to contact me so that I can personally check into your reservation.

I hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you what an excellent experience you can have here.

Regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Booked a King Bed room and when I checked in was told that none were available and that 2 double beds would have to do. Was also told to check back the next day to see if a king bed was available. When I explained that I didn't understand how that could be since I booked a king bed, I was told at their hotel it was only a preference. No where on the Marriott website does it say this nor did my confirmation email. The next day I was given the same story/runaround so I checked out and found a hotel that honors a guaranteed booking. I reached out to Marriott Corporate and they confirmed I had a king room guaranteed and that the Mystic Marriott mgt would be in touch. It took a week for them to contact me and they haven't responded to my response yet. If you stay here understand that everything is a preference and mgt cares little about Marriott Rewards members. I feel mgt was very dishonest with me and is unwilling to come clean, Marriott should be embarrassed to have their name on this hotel.

Room Tip: Wish I could help you with this but it seems like luck of the draw.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple