“Convention Central”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Convention Central”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This I am sure is an great convention hotel. Big beautiful and full of extras. We were only staying the night and moving on, so it wasn't exactly the perfect hotel. It is in a beautiful area just off the main drag so it was close to Mystic. The area was quiet but the hotel was a buzz with people in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Belchertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Took my two boys on an overnight to the Mystic area. The kids loved the hotel and the pool. Beds were very comfortable with the two double beds and was roomy up to 4 people. Location is close to Mystic Seaport and the Aquarium and local beaches. I would have loved to use the Spa. Great place for a Girl's getaway. Will definetely return again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peg R
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Peg R.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m so pleased to hear that you and your boys enjoyed the hotel and pool, and that you found the beds to be very comfortable. I hope you get the chance to come back soon to enjoy that Girl’s Getaway at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa!

Best Regards,
American Fork, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I was hoping to enjoy a quiet weekend at this Spa hotel. What I found was a hotel that caters to weddings and other events. The hotel was packed with a lot of people having a good time. I ate some foods in the bar, and it was the most delicious fish tacos I have ever had. I went to check out the spa. I was hoping to relax. What I found was a very nice and busy spa. So while I hoped to have a relaxing quiet weekend, I found just the opposite. That said, it's a nice hotel, friendly staff, and easily accessible.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Gicko
Dear Gicko,

Thank you for your review of the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted to hear you found the fish tacos to be very delicious! The spa does become busy on weekends, especially when we have weddings, but I hope you were able to relax regardless. I’m glad you got to experience our friendly staff and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Wolcott, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at the Marriot overnight on spur of the moment. Mystic is very close by. The location is on an main road with easy access to the highways. The rooms were very clean. especially the linens and the bathroom. As I have found with most Marriots the pillows are pretty terrible. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The pool area was ok at best. There seemed to be some interesting colors between the tiles on the pool deck, so I reccomend wearing those flip flops! Overall a nice stay. Be careful though, if you are looking for a cup of coffee after 5pm, the Starbucks on site closes very early.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackAttack3209
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite Marriott properties. They're is not a whole lot within walking distance, but the Red Door Spa, Starbucks and Octagon restaurant on the property is plenty to keep you on the hotel grounds for a long weekend. It's especially beautiful in the fall. Downtown Mystic is within minutes. Awesome hotel to get away for the weekend.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Richard P
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Richard P.,

Thank you for your review of the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m so pleased to hear that we are one of your favorite Marriott properties, and so glad you've had the chance to experience the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, Starbucks, and Octagon! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have been staying at the Mystic Marriott on business trips for just over 5 years. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. They have a very professional and pleasant staff at the front desk. The gym has recently been renovated and updated with new equipment. The hotel is located right off 95 between Groton and Mystic so you are close to all attractions in the area. While you are here you want to make sure to dine at the Octagon or the lounge. You will be greeted by the awesome staff there and enjoy a great meal.
Another added bonus is that there is a Starbucks right there in the lobby!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Limaruss
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Limaruss,

Thank you for your outstanding review of the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa! We love hearing positive feedback from loyal guests such as yourself. I am pleased to hear that we continue to satisfy your expectations whether it be our clean rooms, professional staff, or convenience to local attractions. I’m also glad that you have also enjoyed our updated fitness center, Octagon restaurant, and Starbucks which is very popular among our guests! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.

Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Room specifically the fridge could have been cleaner and the shower did not work only half pressure. Was fixed immediately. Great service and the spa was wonderful. Bed was very comfortable and all staff was very pleasant.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank croberto20
Dear croberto20,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m glad to hear that any issues you encountered were addressed in a timely fashion. I am also pleased that you experienced the outstanding service of our friendly and helpful staff, and that you took some time to relax at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa! I hope you will get the chance to come stay with us again.

Farouk Rajab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!