All reviewsoctagon restaurantthe concierge loungecorner roomfront deskbeautiful hotelred doorroom servicewedding partiesdance competitionoff the highwaystayed for one nightmystic aquariumfitness centerindoor poolminute driveking bedlocal attractions
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The Mystic Marriott is directly off I95. It is close to Groton and one exit from Mystic. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful in spite of the fact they had 6 weddings that weekend. We ordered breakfast in the room and the French Toast were excellent. Would recommend that a couple share. We had too many leftover due to big servings. Drinks at the bar are very expensive ($17 for martini). Suggest happy hour wine for $4 is the best deal. All the rooms are very commodious with great beds. We were able to adjust our thermostat to exactly the temp best for us. Indoor pool and workout center are great for relaxation and they are free!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Diane1313
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Diane 1313,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful visit here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. We take pride in our friendly and helpful staff and I’m delighted that you experienced their outstanding service. I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms and beds to be very comfortable, and that you had a satisfying breakfast. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary pool and fitness center. I hope that you will have the chance to come and stay with us again next time you’re in the Mystic area!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had stayed at this hotel many times in the past and returned recently only to find that the property had slipped badly. Upon arrival we checked into our room on the concierge floor only to find that the TV didn’t work and the window curtain was stained with some dark substance. Although these things were taken care of, it shouldn’t have happened. We also discovered that the one lone, small bottle of water that was provided carried a charge although there was no sign or warning about that.
The breakfast buffet was over-priced, especially given the quality and presentation. Cold bacon, ice cold bread pudding and croissants that were dense, bready, stale and not deserving of the label croissant. The eggs, although cooked to order were tossed onto the plate and looked like a rumpled napkin – the presentation was awful and made the food seem unappetizing. The better bet is to drive 10 minutes north to the Mystic Diner for an excellent breakfast at a fraction of the price.
The swimming pool was scheduled to open at 6AM, but at 7:15AM no one could find an employee who had a key that would unlock the doors! The 24 hour store had a freezer, supposed to hold ice cream but was totally empty. An employee said that it’s been broken for a couple of months and there was a problem with the company. In the summer, with a fully booked hotel, management should have bought a new freezer and stocked it, taking their argument with the company off line in favor of accommodating their guests.
A cheerful staff does not make up for poor management.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 205traveler82
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear 205traveler82,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. We take our guests concerns and feedback very seriously. I understand your frustration and I hope that the TV and curtains were fixed in a timely fashion. Bottles of water are complimentary on the concierge floor. If you were charged for the water, I will be happy to credit you for the amount. I have also passed along your comments to the Food and Beverage team. It’s very important for us to have a fresh and appetizing selection at our breakfast buffet. I apologize for the swimming pool not being easily accessible when you wanted to use it, and have addressed this with the staff. As for the store, we are in the process of getting a new freezer. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, I invite you to contact me at 860 446 twenty six hundred.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. I have to agree with other reviewers it is NOT what I expect from Marriott and I was disappointed with the room and the food. The toilet was clogged when we arrived and twice they had to send someone to fix it. I was looking forward to a great weekend and it did not meet my expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J0yeux
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear J0yeux,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Customer feedback is very important to us. I’m very glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I understand your concerns about the room and have addressed them with our housekeeping department. I welcome further clarification on your concern with the food. I can be reached at 860-446-2600. We hope we get the chance to serve you again and experience more of what we have to offer.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We recently stayed at the Marriott Mystic Hotel and Spa for a weekend getaway in Mystic. The service was cordial and helpful and the bar at night was packed! The hotel room was fairly clean, except the pillowcases had random ink marks on them. That was the only problem in terms of the room. The hotel itself is a short drive from all of the local attractions, so do bring a car with you as taxi service can get surprisingly pricey in the area. Overall, not a bad stay, but the price was definitely high.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Angie S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m glad you find our service to be cordial and the hotel to be clean. We have shared your observations regarding the hotel rooms with our housekeeping department. The bar is definitely a popular spot amongst our guests and local residents, and can certainly become pretty busy on weekends!

Also - thank you for making mention of our location. We are only a short drive from many local attractions, whether it be family fun in Mystic, or casino night life.

We hope you get the chance to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a nice hotel but in my opinion completely overpriced. I booked my room on Priceline (with bidding ) and paid $140/night. If I had paid the regular Marriott rate I would have rated this hotel a lot lower. The hotel is located right off the highway which made it very easy to get to. If you are looking for a hotel that's walking distance to tourists spots this isn't it. It's about 20 minutes by car to Foxwoods and about 10 minutes to Seaport and Mystic Village. The hotel lobby was beautiful and check in was no problem. We stayed in a standard king room with a partial water view. The room is small but comfortable enough for two people. There's only one dresser (which also serves as a refrigerator cabinet ) but plenty of closet space. I would not return to this hotel for two reasons: the bed was horribly uncomfortable and the shower had low pressure and no hot water. We did not dine at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. For the advertised price, you could do better staying elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Director of Operations at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and give your honest comments. I appreciate your note about our location. Mystic is made up of both the towns of Groton, CT and Stonington, CT. While our hotel is not located in the village, we are but just a short ride away from many area attractions. So, as you noted, this makes our location ideal for travelers to Eastern Connecticut.

Your comments related to the mattress have been reviewed by our team and because of honest feedback from TripAdvisor members like you, we are working to replace them. I’m very sorry about this and can assure you and our fellow TripAdvisor members that updated bedding will be available soon. In addition, I’ve also conveyed your comments regarding the show to our maintenance team so that they may work to ensure that this is not a problem for future guest stays.

We value the feedback from TripAdvisor reviewers very highly, and take all comments very seriously. I hope that during your next visit to the area, you allow us the chance to serve you again.

Regards,