All reviewsoctagon restaurantthe concierge loungecorner roomfront deskbeautiful hotelred doorroom servicewedding partiesdance competitionoff the highwaystayed for one nightmystic aquariumfitness centerindoor poolminute driveking bedmohegan sun
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. I have to agree with other reviewers it is NOT what I expect from Marriott and I was disappointed with the room and the food. The toilet was clogged when we arrived and twice they had to send someone to fix it. I was looking forward to a great weekend and it did not meet my expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J0yeux
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear J0yeux,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Customer feedback is very important to us. I’m very glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I understand your concerns about the room and have addressed them with our housekeeping department. I welcome further clarification on your concern with the food. I can be reached at 860-446-2600. We hope we get the chance to serve you again and experience more of what we have to offer.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We recently stayed at the Marriott Mystic Hotel and Spa for a weekend getaway in Mystic. The service was cordial and helpful and the bar at night was packed! The hotel room was fairly clean, except the pillowcases had random ink marks on them. That was the only problem in terms of the room. The hotel itself is a short drive from all of the local attractions, so do bring a car with you as taxi service can get surprisingly pricey in the area. Overall, not a bad stay, but the price was definitely high.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Angie S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m glad you find our service to be cordial and the hotel to be clean. We have shared your observations regarding the hotel rooms with our housekeeping department. The bar is definitely a popular spot amongst our guests and local residents, and can certainly become pretty busy on weekends!

Also - thank you for making mention of our location. We are only a short drive from many local attractions, whether it be family fun in Mystic, or casino night life.

We hope you get the chance to stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a nice hotel but in my opinion completely overpriced. I booked my room on Priceline (with bidding ) and paid $140/night. If I had paid the regular Marriott rate I would have rated this hotel a lot lower. The hotel is located right off the highway which made it very easy to get to. If you are looking for a hotel that's walking distance to tourists spots this isn't it. It's about 20 minutes by car to Foxwoods and about 10 minutes to Seaport and Mystic Village. The hotel lobby was beautiful and check in was no problem. We stayed in a standard king room with a partial water view. The room is small but comfortable enough for two people. There's only one dresser (which also serves as a refrigerator cabinet ) but plenty of closet space. I would not return to this hotel for two reasons: the bed was horribly uncomfortable and the shower had low pressure and no hot water. We did not dine at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. For the advertised price, you could do better staying elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Director of Operations at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and give your honest comments. I appreciate your note about our location. Mystic is made up of both the towns of Groton, CT and Stonington, CT. While our hotel is not located in the village, we are but just a short ride away from many area attractions. So, as you noted, this makes our location ideal for travelers to Eastern Connecticut.

Your comments related to the mattress have been reviewed by our team and because of honest feedback from TripAdvisor members like you, we are working to replace them. I’m very sorry about this and can assure you and our fellow TripAdvisor members that updated bedding will be available soon. In addition, I’ve also conveyed your comments regarding the show to our maintenance team so that they may work to ensure that this is not a problem for future guest stays.

We value the feedback from TripAdvisor reviewers very highly, and take all comments very seriously. I hope that during your next visit to the area, you allow us the chance to serve you again.

Regards,
Tina Fleming
Director of Operations

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel has obviously been redone, since the carpets, floors, paint, etc., are fresh throughout. The rooms and hallways are very clean, and overall it's a lovely property. The rooms definitely allow you to spread out. The staff is helpful and accommodating, especially if you have questions about nearby attractions. The restaurant has some interesting and slightly "edgy" items on the menu--e.g., bison steak with chimichurri and noodles made from corn. Since it is right off an exit on I-95, it is easy to drive to downtown Mystic, the Seaport, etc. The overall "vibe" of this location is relaxing, and I would definitely recommend it if you just want to recharge your batteries.

Room Tip: The concierge floor is quiet and requires card-key access from the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear MFA 202,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found our property very visually appealing and noticed the overall cleanliness of the hallways and rooms. I am also pleased that our friendly staff was very helpful to you and showed their knowledge of the area.

We take pride in the menu we offer at Octagon and are happy to learn that you found it to be interesting and edgy! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your bison steak.

Again, thank you for your positive review. We hope you will stay with us again and experience even more of the delicious food combinations we offer.

General Manger

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This place was fantastic! I have a very active 2 year old that likes to run through the lobby and push the buttons on the elevator. At first glance this place looks a little to "high class" for our shenanigans but they didn't even give us a second look. Whew!

The room was spacious and clean, the bed was glorious, and....and.....there is a STARBUCKS!!! We didn't have enough time to enjoy the pool, gym, or spa but plan on staying here when we visit again next year.

The hotel is close to all the wonderful attractions located in Mystic and the view is beautiful.

Room Tip: we always request the highest room available with a fridge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family