“Always consistent.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Always consistent.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've been staying at this hotel once per year for the past ten years. It is a beautiful property which is very well-maintained with a helpful and friendly staff. I particularly appreciate the consistency, as I know that my room will be clean and spacious, room service will be served on time and usually accurately, and staff will be helpful.
The property is centrally located to many area attractions.
My one complaint on this recent trip is that we requested toothbrushes on arrival and we were told that they would be sent up to us, as there was only one toothbrush available at the front desk. We asked again on our second night and were told that they would be sent to the room. No toothbrushes ever arrived.
I would recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2014

As far as Marriott hotels go, this one was just as good as any other in the US. It was clean, the bedding was nice, we had plenty of nice towels and the hotel had a pool. It was a little expensive but just because I find that Marriott hotels aren't anything special but I expect them to all be predictable and this one certainly met that expectation. We did order room service and it was quick and tasty although there were some items that weren't available. I also got a deep tissue massage at the spa and it was WONDERFUL. I highly recommend splurging. We needed a crib for our newborn and it was all set up and ready to go when we got to the room. They also gave us a room at the end of the hall so it was private. The rooms were soundproof. When I was coming back from my spa appointment, my baby was crying and I couldn't hear him until I was right outside the door of my room.
Location isn't great if you want to enjoy Mystic. You certainly can't walk to town. Overall I prefer to stay right in Mystic and for the price, you can stay at a perfectly nice hotel more centrally located. Now, if you are coming to also gamble then the location is great since you are right on the path to Mohegan Sun.
I have been continuously impressed by the improvement in service in Marriott hotels and again, this was no exception. The front desk staff and room service staff were all wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very friendly personnel, excellent service. Upon check-in I was offered a choice: Extra large king room or Jacuzzi queen :) Nice. Had a dinner at Octagon restaurant: Steak was wonderfully juicy for a well done order; I liked the veggie gazpacho and absolutely loved potato au gratin! Potato au gratin is probably the best I’ve ever tried, melts in a mouth, and has kind of creamy texture. If you like potatoes, this is the side I’d sincerely recommend. Starbucks coffee in the lobby made my morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Victoria P
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Spent a Saturday night here with one other couple to see the Mystic/Groton area. Conviently located right off Interstate 95 with easy on and off access. The hotel is your typical Marriott, clean throughout, although the in room coffee pot had a used coffee package in it, which after that, my wife and I refused to use. The staff were very friendly and offered a complimentary upgrade when we asked for it. Given the "off season" rate, would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Been traveling quite a bit. This hotel is just wonderful. Comfortable beds, excellently cleaned, roomy accommodations, great coffee, lovely large bathrooms.
Room was a tad noisy with some event going on downstairs....perhaps a little sound proofing of the activity areas could help. But everyone was quiet by a reasonable hour.
The restaurant, Octagon is top notch! Our waiter was terrific. He was knowledgable, interesting and helpful. Our food was delicious!!!!!
Wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D M
Connecticut, USA
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Room itself was lovely. Beds very comfortable with good amount of blankets for warmth. Everything clean and lots of space for clothes. What I hated was that you could hear everything in hall and rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LisaSK
MysticM88, Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience due to the noise you experienced during your stay.

We take pride in ensuring that all guest who reside with us experience complete satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your or our own expectations and we offer our sincerest apologies. As a testament to our efforts to strive for perfection, we have reviewed and taken steps with our team to ensure that this will never happen again.

We deeply value your patronage and are committed to providing all guests with the highest level of service because we wish all of our guests to experience our flawless and brilliant hosting.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing this feedback
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

From the moment you walk in this hotel you were greeted with a smile and a welcome. The staff was always courteous and waiting by the door to assist if necessary. The room was of good size and always clean. The water pressure on the sixth floor was good, but the hot water not always as hot as I would have liked. Starbucks in the lobby that opened at 6 am. The Octagon lounge had live music on Thursday night that was very good. My wife used the spa while I was at work, and had high praises of the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
#1 of 7 in Old Saybrook
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#1 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!