WINNER WONDERLAND

Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Groton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA
“Excellent location, typical Marriott, lots of wedding guests”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have stayed at this location a few times. This is the first time I am writing a review.

The hotel is clean and an excellent location. It is 15-20 minutes drive from Mystic Seaport, several wineries, and both casinos.

I typically favor Marriott hotels and this hotel was the same as the others. Clean in, stay, check out. There was no reason to stay at the hotel except to sleep. there is an onsite restaurant and starbucks that we did not go to. There is also a spa- which I have been to in the past- it is just so expensive we skipped it this time.

I could not figure out if the cooling was working in the room. I could not figure out if it was my room or me so I did not complain about this though. Just seemed cooler in the hallways than in our room.

There were several wedding parties staying in the hotel. We could hear them going in and out of each others rooms in the late evening and in the morning and yelling down the hallways to each other. It kept my boyfriend up - although it did not disturb me. This must be a common occurrence as we noted that a list of night hour/quiet hour rules were posted in the evening (on Friday night).

At checkout the trainee at the front desk asked me if we enjoyed our stay and I indicated "it was not the best". She failed to ask me why.

Rooms have excellent TV selection.

Room Tip: There were several wedding parties staying in the hotel. We could hear them going in and out of eac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

So very disappointed. Poor service at the front desk on several occassions over this short stay -perhaps the staff has forgotten that we have a choice in our future hotel stays. The rooms and hallway were less than adequate from a cleanliness perspective.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kdtraveler444
Milton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really clean hotel with a yummy restaurant and late-ish night bar. The staff was VERY nice and overall great spot. The spa looked lovely, there was a nice gym and pool as well. It was 1 exit away from downrtown mystic and took maybe 10 mioutes in teh car, it was the really a great location!
Can with my husband for a wedding.

Room Tip: We were on teh 6th floor and you needed speacial key access, it was a bit of a pain, no need for the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WHGGuestService, Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I’ll be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Seekonk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My grandson loves Mystic so I decided to take him for a brief "pre-back to school" getaway. I chose the Mystic Marriott because of the great amenities. Everything was perfect. We were upgraded to the concierge floor upon arrival. Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The beds were fabulous! Every member of the staff that we encountered during our stay was friendly, helpful, and professional. We had dinner, and complimentary breakfast in the hotel restaurant and both were excellent. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Mystic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the lake.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott on several occasions. It is right off the highway, so very easy access. The accommodations are very spacious. The last 2 visits we had an upgrade to a corner room. That was very nice as it is even larger. It is about 10 minutes to Mystic Seaport and about 15-20 minutes to each of the local casinos. The Sunday brunch is fantastic. I use the fitness center, which is open 24 hours. The equipment is standard for what I would call an upscale hotel. The one and only issue and it is the first time it was an issue, was the bathroom ceiling was a little grungy. I think housekeeping could spend a few minutes on this when doing the room. Otherwise, a great place and we would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: go for the corner at the front of the building, there is a nice view of the reservoir across the str...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drgesq
It’s always great to hear from a continual guest of our hotel! I’m glad our location in relation to downtown Mystic and the two casinos works well for you. I’m sorry to hear about your concerns with the ceiling in the bathroom, I have spoken to our housekeeping team about the matter. We hope to see you again soon.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the property for 2 nights had adjoining rooms - very spacious and the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Only a small negative observation with the breakfast buffet- needs more than one person on the omelette station considering the number of diners AND behind the station in view of diners needs to be cleaned/swept more often.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful way to get away for a weekend. It is a lovely hotel, clean, ample free parking and updated rooms. It is located about a 20 minute ride to Mystic or to Mohegan Sun/Foxwoods. The Red Door Spa is a nice addition to treat yourself to a facial or massage.

Nice buffet breakfast with very friendly omelette preparer!

Will definitely stay here again for another weekend away from NYC. Having the New London ferry two exits away is also a plus!

Room Tip: There is a very nice lake view facing the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We love getting feedback from our guests and I’m glad our location, central to everything in south eastern Connecticut, works well for you. We hope to see you again the next time you need a weekend away from the city.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 5 in Uncasville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,062 reviews

Been to Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!