“Mystic Wedding Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Westport, Connecticut, United States
“Mystic Wedding Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My son and his fiance got married in Mystic CT December 29, 2012. We had 40 rooms booked at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa in Groton for our guests and family. The hotel could not have been more perfect. The front desk staff was very welcoming and handled our every need. They gave out all our guest goodie bags to all the incoming wedding guests. The rooms were clean, comfortable and beautiful. All of our room service needs were met with expertise. We had breakfasts brought into the Brides room and the Grooms room on the wedding morning. Check in was handled perfectly and professionally. We had a Sunday Good Bye Brunch and it was even more than we expected it to be. The staff that handled that were on top of our every need and it could not have gone any better. Everyone was thrilled with the choices of food and the service.
Overall, the Mystic Marriott was the best choice we could have made for all our needs that glorious wedding weekend. Thank you

Room Tip: Corner rooms are big and bright and very comfortable. All rooms very quiet..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Prior to checking in - on the phone - I requested a late checkout. Was told OK - 2pm. On my departure day I was told we must be out by 12. Upon check -in- told that the request for two beds is just a request - they tried giving our family one bed & a pull out couch!! During - room had hair dangling from the bathroom vanity - the shower liner holder was broken. When asking the desk for requests - the answers are "no". Unbelievable - you are MUCH better off staying one exit down the highway at the HAMPTON INN. Their prices are reasonable - and they offer free breakfast. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank TRAVELING-1260
Glastonbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We frequented the hotel often and were always pleased with the service. This year the hotel was upgraded, all Marriott hotels were upgraded and because of this prices were increased. No longer worth going to the hotel as the location is horrible. Room views are of highways and it is a few mile drive to get anywhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren S
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a little over a week while on a business trip. This hotel is quite nice. The rooms are big, with a small couch to sit on, and the beds are comfy, with multiple firmness pillows to choose from. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are connections to the TV on the side of the bureau you can use to connect your laptop or other device to the TV, so I was able to stream movies, which was good. The heating system was noisy. I was able to tune it out, but I know some people would find it irritating. The room I was in (348) overlooked to roof of the banquet area of the hotel. I was usually only in the room at night and don't care about a view, but for those that do, you may want a room in a different section. There is a Starbucks in the lobby area, but I did not get coffee there because I had to leave each morning before they opened (6 AM). I did eat at the restaurant, however, and it was excellent, although expensive. I expected that though. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean. The fitness area was decently equipped, although most of the time it was too crowded. There is a Red Door Spa in the hotel, which is a nice feature. I made use of the spa once and it was worth every penny. The only complaint I had for this stay is that every day, the coffee supplies in the room were not completely replenished. I had to go ask for more creamer, sweetener, stirrers, cup lids on several occasions. I'd stay here again for a quick trip, but I think on my next trip of this length or longer I'll opt for a hotel that has small kitchens in the rooms or at least a microwave and fridge. I may also look for a hotel that has other businesses in walking distance. This one did not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cindy351
North Haven, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed one overnight with my husband for personal not business. I had read good things about the hotel so we decided to give it a try. I am a Hilton honors member but also have a Marriott card. I just never really stayed at Marriotts much because I didn't think they were as good as Hiltons. Lol

This place was beautiful. You walk into a very big lobby and it is nicely decorated and clean! The staff at check in were very friendly. Check in was a breeze. The room itself was beautiful. Again it was nicely decorated and very clean. The bathroom was amazing. The tub and the shower were separate and the tub was a large jacuzzi tub.

The only negative was the bed which was not terrible but my side sloped. And the pillows were a little too firm for me. I need them a bit more pliable. All of the staff seemed really friendly. A very good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dbbohner
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to the this hotel over Christmas and had a wonderful and peaceful Holiday time. The hotel's pool and hot tub were the feature for me and I totally enjoyed them. I swam every day and wound down in the hot tub. We ate in the hotel restaurant (Octagon) and found the food far above average. We had quite delicious dinners on 2 evenings and 2 very good buffet breakfasts as well. Service was quite too. This restaurant had become primarily a steakhouse since the last time we visited (2 years ago) at which time I recall a fabulous duck preparation that was no longer on the menu. Also, I missed the chocolate cherry bread pudding that I had eaten there previously. Who knows, next time they will have some new surprises in store. I would say the quality was very similar to our previous visit.

The only difficulty we had at the hotel was their reluctance to provide us with complimentary breakfast (we should receive this, especially when the concierge lounge is closed, as we are platinum elite guests). When I pointed this out to the desk staff, they did give us some coupons for breakfast (but not every day). Overall, we are very pleased as the staff was gracious, cheerful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Its nice to have a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been coming to this hotel frequently since 2009. Plus are a large parking, great lobby, and a Starbucks on site. The service is always excellent, the staff is great very helpful with good recommendations. If you are in the area, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Follow staff recommendation, they are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LeonardoFibo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Inn at Mystic
Inn at Mystic
#5 of 14 in Mystic
4.0 of 5 stars 380 reviews

Been to Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!