“Very enjoyable stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Connecticut
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was my second time here, this time for a wedding. We had a very nice room on the third floor. Comfortable bed, spotless bathroom and pretty much everything you could possibly want. The breakfast buffet is excellent and not badly priced for the location. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The spa is a Red Door and we had lovely body scrubs. Again it is very clean and professional. This is a great location very near to all the attractions in Mystic. A bit pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: If there is a wedding, and there were 9 this past Friday, it will get a bit noisy late at night, its...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We used points for our stay, very friendly desk staff, modern and very good size the rooms on concierge level. However, the concierge lounge was very nice, but not well stocked. It was not up to the usually hight standard of the Marriott. Everything else about this hotel was excellent. Great location to visit Mystic. One of the best Marriott properties I've stayed at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived a bit later than anticipated but the hotel was very easy to find and the check in was quick and painless. They were able to accommodate my request for one room to be a king and one room to be two beds. They tried to keep them as close together as possible which was fine for us. One bonus point goes to the front desk clerk who indicated that while we had gotten a great deal from price line I could still register my Marriott Rewards number to at least get credit for the room nights.

The pool and whirlpool area was very nice and quiet and we enjoyed our time there. We did spend a little time at the bar of the Octagon Restaurant and felt the drink service to be a bit limited (no frozen type drinks) but adequate.

Overall, given the opportunity, I would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is my second time staying here, the first was for a concert at the casinio. This time I attended a conferance on site. The rooms were good and they did a great job with the food/drink during the conferance. Pool area is small but nice, setup for lap swiming.

My only complaint is the crowds, they do alot of weddings and conferances. When you get off the elevator they has signs about thier loud noise policy/ room parties. Sure enough we had aloud drunk locked out of thier room one night, hotel came and handle it the issue. All said I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is my first review on TA. Here goes.

I stayed seven days at the Mystic Marriott in early July. The location of the hotel is between New London and Mystic, across from a beautiful lake, easy to find and tucked in amongst many trees just far enough away from the freeway offramp and away from any stripmalls for the right touch of seclusion and privacy. An automobile is a must to get around, though. Easy free parking was available near the entrance and also at the side where the banquet rooms are located.

The Mystic Marriott made a great first impression. The lobby had a great touch of luxury and openness. I arrived early and Eddie at the front desk went out of his way help find an available early check-in room. He was a genuinely nice guy. He found a room on the concierge level, with a view of the lake.

The room had a comfortable bed, a sleeper sofa and a requested refrigerator. The interior was heavy on using reds, which I began to like. As a Marriott Rewards member, I was given free wifi access for my whole stay. It was fast all the time. The bathroom was very big with a Jacuzzi, large floor tiles, and a separate glass-enclosed shower. It reminded me of the Four Seasons in Vegas. Everything was clean—from the carpeting to the hallways. The housekeeping staff always did a great job keeping everything clean the whole stay. Neighboring room noise and hallway noise was very minimal.

The room was on the sixth floor with concierge room access. Here, all kinds of drinks and snacks were available on weekdays. Bacon and eggs were served in the morning and an appetizer offering in the evening, all complimentary for the sixth floor guests.

Finally, I have got to say Eddie did an amazing job at welcoming me from check-in and even remembered my name every time I saw him throughout the week. His level of service was outstanding and on a personal level usually not seen at such a large with many many guests. He even offered coffee on my last day while I waited in the lobby. Thanks Eddie!

I will definitely return soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary with just a quick getaway up in Mystic, CT. We stayed there September 9th through September 11th. We elected to stay at the Marriott because we always enjoy staying at the Marriott hotels. The service and quality of the Marriott hotels is always excellent. This is a beautiful hotel. It is elegant and the rooms were comfortable and just the kind of hotel that you would hold major events like weddings, etc. The front desk staff Melissa and the bellman "Shaun" I believe was his name, were very courteous. I would also like to commend Tammi Rodriquez and Natalie Bajorin for their excellent service at the Octagon Steakhouse restaurant in the hotel. Tammi's demeanor makes you just want to come to dine to see her. She seems to have the type of attitude towards life that brightens everyone's day and in addition to her pleasant attitude she provides excellent service. Natalie is also very nice and pleasant. Dining with them serving made our stay even better.

During our stay there seemed to be a problem with the sensor for the fire alarm which caused the fire alarm to go off two times during our 3 day/2 night stay. We hope that it has been fixed as that disrupted one of our night stays. However, with the exception of the fire alarm mishaps, we still had a great time at this hotel and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very nice Marriott property. I would have given it 5 stars, but we were really bothered by the noise in the hallway. Woke us up all night. They have multiple weddings happening that weekend, so there were a lot of guests. I understand the hotel can't do much about guests being loud, but to me, the walls shouldn't be so thin that you can hear conversations in the hall. The location was convenient, and it was one of the few places in the area that didn't require a minimum stay over the weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!