All reviewsoctagon restaurantthe concierge loungecorner roomfront deskbeautiful hotelred doorroom servicewedding partiesdance competitionoff the highwaystayed for one nightmystic aquariumfitness centerindoor poolminute driveking bedlocal attractions
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed 1 night...this Marriott is a hidden gem. I had a meeting here for works a few weeks ago and stumbled upon it...completely new and updated - lobby is spotless. It's actually in Groton, CT about a 10 min drive from Mystic. We stayed on rewards points, but I called prior to our stay to let the manager know it was our anniversary. It was noted in our file, and staff said "happy anniversary". They also upgraded us from a standard room to a King Suite and when we left for lunch, we came back to a note from the manager, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries - very nice touch and exactly why I'm a Marriott Rewards Customer.

We also did a couples massage @ the Red Door Spa - spa was nice, treatments we good. Not the best we've ever had and a little pricey, but since we got the room on points, we speant the $ here.

Only reason why I'm not giving 5 starts is:

1. Its right off I-95 and I'm a fairly sound sleeper, BUT you can hear the traffic (trucks, sirens, etc.).

2. The locker room @ least on the men's side was a little out dated and there was mold / old tiles in the steam room.

However, I'd sty here again and recommend it. Maybe next time just stay on the opposite of the hotel as the side facing the highway.

Room Tip: Stay on side opposite I-95
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yankee12
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My family stayed one night at the Mystic Marriott and it was a wonderful hotel. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. We were upgraded to a double with Queen beds and I found the room to be more cramped than the pictures showed, but it was still nice. There was no minibar in the room, which was probably a good thing with kids who touch everything. The only complaint my husband and I had was how uncomfortable the pillows were, both feather and regular. But, your pillow at home is always more comfortable, right? The pool and hot tub weren't busy at all, allowing my children to play and have fun without getting in the way of others. All the attractions in Mystic were a five to ten minute drive away. Didn't try room service or the restaurant downstairs, but it looked very nice and was open for Brunch on Sunday. The line for Starbucks can get very long, so get there early! All in all, a very nice hotel for business and families alike!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed here when we visited my daughter t college. It was a great hotel, comfortable beds, and great pool. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the river. Great Room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I like this hotel and stayed there many times for business. However, recently I experienced troubles with the room service.
A couple of months ago, I stayed for 2 nights. The first morning I had my breakfast delivered without problems. On the second night, the card for ordering room service breakfast wasn't provided. I phoned up the room service and ordered my breakfast for next morning - the order I placed was exactly the same as the previous night. In the morning, the wrong order was delivered. After I complained, they delivered my breakfast, but the amount of food was about a third of what was provided the first morning! Very disappointing.
Last month I visited again, and had an even worse experience. I stayed for one night only. My room service breakfast order was wrong again and had to be sent back. This is always frustrating as I am often in a rush to get to my meetings on time. When the correct order finally arrived, there was a hair on the napkin. Then there was another, large, black hair inside my ommelet. This was a bit too much for a $30 breakfast. I phoned and complained. Thankfully, staff were very understanding and took the charge off my bill.
I love the Octagon and the hotel bar - the reception staff are usually very friendly - but the room service has a lot of room for improvement!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Principessa18
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Family stayed here on a trip up to Boston. Its right off the 95, clean and very functional. Kids loved the pool, and the breakfast was good. It was easy to get into Mystic to go to the ship yard and Sea Port. Got a reasonable price and no complaints

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family