WINNER WONDERLAND

Flagship Inn And Suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Groton
“Run down, and dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past Saturday night with our family.

PROS:
Free wifi (have to ask for password)
Easy check-in/check-out
You park right outside your room

CONS:
Run-down on the outside and inside
Broken remote/broken window/broken desk drawer/broken tv cabinet
Shower was the anti slip railing part
Mirror had rust on it
TV was very limited channel wise
Floor was DIRTY! My one year old was walking around barefoot, and her feet were almost black.
Door didn't shut very well
Use an actual key as opposed to key cards.

Overall for the price I was expecting a t least a clean room. They really need to upgrade this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank agirlinfin2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
lc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

wow remember the old motor lodges. well this is one ,never updated went into room obviously floor not cleaned in a long time ,hair in bathtub, coffee maker broke ,no internet as promised air condition didn't work .not a good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cheryl2626

Travelers are raving about these Groton hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!
My brother-in-law booked two rooms for us to stay here for one night. We checked in after 11pm and immediately walking into the room, there was an odor of cat pee. The rugs have obviously never been cleaned - there were disgusting stains on the floor, curtains and the one chair in the room. There were dead bugs on the floor. The curtains looked like they've never been washed. It was after 11pm and we had two kids with us, so we decided to just go to sleep and deal with it in the morning. When my brother-in-law arrived with his girlfriend, I had already checked in for them and given them the heads up of the room status. It wasn't until the next morning at 8:30 that I discovered they slept in their car, because they found bugs in their bed in their room. When I went to the front desk to let them know that my brother-in-law slept in his car, the man was very rude and told me there were no bugs in the bed and they should've complained when they had the problems, not in the morning. I told him I didn't feel that I should have to pay for a room that wasn't used and that it's not proper to tell a customer that they are wrong. Didn't he ever hear that the customer is always right? He proceeded to tell me that he's been in the business for 16 years. I told him that I've worked in hotel businesses and customer service for 21 years. I asked him if I could be reimbursed and he said no. I told him be was very rude and left.
I'm not a person to complain, but I honestly feel that this place should not be in business. I've never left a bad complaint about a motel/hotel EVER!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tinaelise03
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was going to stay there two nights. I walked in and right out. Nothing like the pictures. Drill holes through the lock on front door, smelled awful, dead bugs, dirty bathroom and the worse was the very evident stains on the bedding.. I payed extra $10 and stayed at a clean hotel up the road.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Rmc201
Glendale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Decent sized room for the cost. The room was clean enough and ok for a overnight stay. I thought it was fine,I didn't do the breakfast. Front desk staff is friendly enough. I would recommend this to someone who needs a quick, cheap stay and who is not very picky.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lynn Haven, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband is in a wheelchair. I made the reservation and put in all capital letters. MUST HAVE WHEELCHAIR ENTRANCE! We arrived after driving 2 days, after midnight. Not only did they not give me the room I requested I had to pay 50.00 more a night. We were there 7 nights. The room that we were assigned had a 6 inch step up, there is no way to get a 360 lbs wheelchair up that. The entrance to the office is also a large step up, no way could anyone in a wheelchair can even get in the office.The room was somewhat clean, if you don't count the cobwebs over the beds that were NEVER cleaned. The heat didn't work well enough to feel it unless you had your hand over the fan. They only made 1 bed we slept in them both, my husband in one because of his disability needed to sleep alone. They say free enternet... if it works.. and is a box outside the room with a line ran from the office. No hairdryer, no free breakfast, no ironing board, no newspaper, clock radio was broken, and no fitness center. Spend a little more money and get better for your money.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen B
Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was the WORSE hotel I have ever been in. What was supposed to be a wonderful stress free Mother's day weekend, turned into waking up in filth. Dirty condoms, stains in the bed, no bed sheets, only a thin white blank to cover the mattress. The man at the front desk was rude and called me a liar to my face and told me he didnt have a bug problem. I woke up before my boyfriend in time to clean up the hundreds of Ants that showed up over night, after killing more than a dozen when we got there. The man wouldnt refund the money and our TV was broken. We had to hit it just to get the picture to work on 1 of 10 channels we had. Called in a reported them to health services. Check yourself for ring worm and possible STD's sleeping in this dumpster! I guess you get what you pay for. They gave us one little shampoo for the two of us and the man told me if I wanted towels I had to bring down my dirty ones to the front desk and then he would give me new ones.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple