“Excellent place.. Nice people… Great Service!”

Flagship Inn And Suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed here for the weekend, Great location close to all the major attractions. Only 15 min from the casinos. Rooms are nice clean and quite place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ray097
There are newer reviews for Flagship Inn And Suites

Reviewed June 2, 2011

We recently went to meet another couple in Mystic CT, Since it was Memorial Day weekend, there were no hotel vacancies in Mystic so we stayed in near by Groton. We thought that since the price per night was around $100.00, the room would not be great but maybe ok. Well we were wrong, it was dirty, smelled gross and there was a homeless person hanging out in the parking lot. Thankfully I brought my own sheets and blanket, because the beds were filthy. Please, please ,please don't stay here! It was Just plain GROSS!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura1117
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We booked this on expedia.com expedia said we had a room with a balcony & kitchette. The hotel gave us a room with a queen sized bed, no balcony, and no kitchenette. They claimed that we booked a queen sized bed room, and only the rooms with a balcony & kitchette have a king size bed.
I explained what it said on expedia.com and the person working at the front desk refused to care. To top it off, we needed to stay an hour later than the usual checkout time, so I paid the extra $10 for that, and they did not even have the curtesy to wave the $10 fee because expedia showed us the wrong information for the room that we booked. To top it all off, there were tons of teenagers partying 2 rooms down from us, making tons of noise all night, and at 6am were slamming doors, walls, and who knows what else. Myself and my partner got a terrible nights sleep.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS POOR HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seven119
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I have found great hotel rates for great hotels in the past, this was not the case. I paid a cheap price and that's exactly what I got. Very run-down hotel, peeling paint in the bathroom, as well as a sticky floor. One morning the toilet wasn't flushing properly and when I called the office, I was told I would have to come to the office to get a plunger. After stating, "You want me to do it myself?" I was told she would have the housekeeper take care of it. I left about 1/2 hour later to go to Boston for the day, thinking it would be taken care of. I returned about 14 hours after calling and the toilet still was not fixed. The refrigerator was noisy, Continental breakfast consisted of tiny donuts and hard bagels (no toaster, butter or cream cheese.) The housekeepers showed up once when I was there and one of them had body odor so badly, the smell remained even after they had left. There are lot of other hotels in the area; I strongly suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank valk6
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Carpet was badly stained, bathroom door was falling apart, tub drain was clogged, refrigerator was broken. Continental breakfast was terrible.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I have never written a review before but I feel like I need to warn any would-be guests! When I drove up to the Flagship hotel at 11:30PM I could tell it was very run down- and I guess the fact that I had to check in through a thick plexi-glass window with a slot that opened at the bottom to exchange $ or credit card payments, should have clued me in that this place was really really sketchy. However, it was really late my daughter and I were tired so we checked in. I think we stayed about 10 min- when we moved the night stand to plug in the phone charger there were at least 10 roaches as well as a bunch of old "shells" from dead ones. I was so horrified I almost missed the burn holes in the bed spread and rug. The good news is the man at the desk refunded my money and I was out of there. I found a quality in down the street that was clean and cheep. Seriously- I never right reviews but this place was sooo bad! Please save yourself the trouble.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Better chain hotels in area especially for that the price. The overall experience was just very poor even if your trying to save a buck.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Motel 6 Groton
Motel 6 Groton
#8 of 14 in Groton
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Been to Flagship Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!