“Not impressed at all” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos

Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Groton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bowdoin, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel for January 18-20, 2013. Unfortunately they did not send me an email confirmation as a reminder. I became sick, missed 2 weeks of work. Since I had no proof of the reservation I did not remember it. I frequently check my account on line. On January 22nd 2013 I noticed a debit for $224.80 for Days Inn and Suites. I immediately called Days Inn in Groton and was told by the hotel clerk I should have had a friend cancel the reservation (say what) I would have to contact the manager after 5pm. I called after 5pm and surprise, surprise the manager was not available. I then called the next day and was told the manager would call me back in 10 minutes. Of course the manager did not call me back. I think I made the reservation through Wyndham Rewards. You can not check a reservation on line without the confirmation. I have contacted Wyndham Rewards twice by their on line 'contact us' feature. I have heard nothing. I tried calling Wyndham Rewards and was kept on hold for so long, I gave up. Considering the situation I would expect better public relations from either the Days Inn and Suites or Wyndham Rewards. I will never use Wyndam Rewards again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Waterford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a great place to stay & would will definately stay there again.

There are a lot of places to visit, close to the hotel.

The staff were very personable, helpful, and fast with any requests.

The price of the room was exceptional for the king room suite. It didn't come even close to other hotels in the area for what you pay and get in the room. Non comparable...

I loved the fact it had a kitchen and living space, seperate & private from the bedroom area and bath. The accomodations were very nice.

The room was clean and up to date.

I cannot say enough positive things about the staff & the overall hotel experience.

I highly recommend & will surely be back when in the area next.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was very quiet. No traffic at all. No noise. No sleep disruption.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Erin M
AUGUSTA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hotel was dirty and had wires hanging everywhere. Tried to switch to a smaller room upon arrival since two people cancelled on us and they would not let us. They said hotel was really busy but parking lot had only a few cars in it. Way overpriced and would not stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Groton hotels

VERNON ROCKVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We celebrated New Year's eve at Mohegan Sun. Knowing we would be late in checking in, I called to confirm our reservation and was told the reservation would hold the suite. for us, When we checked in around 2AM, the gentleman who I had spoken to earlier, remembered I had called and had all the paperwork ready. We had stayed here 2 years ago. Having stayed at many Days Inn before,we were disappointed with the breakfast, In the past, the breakfast had waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage,cereals,pastries, fruits, coffee, tea and milk . Missing were the waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

New Years eve I had booked a room down the street at Flagship Inn I was very unhappy and upset with the cleanliness of the room. I left there in hopes to find another room for the night. It was very late, I was crying feeling really nervous hoping I didn't have to drive 2 hours to get home. I walked into Days Inn and Suites the gentleman behind the counter was very kind and professional I was very lucky they had a room available it was very clean, warm and comfortable. I had a good nights rest. I would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor I had no problem with noise and the 3 room suite was very clean.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
BEST WESTERN Olympic Inn
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 14 in Groton
3.5 of 5 stars 52 reviews

Been to Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos? Share your experiences!