Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great way to learn about submarines

I didn't really visit the actual museum, I did the audio tour of the USS NAUTILUS. It was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
TwinAg
Dallas, Texas
Small. Interesting. Informative.

This museum is small. Though it’s very interesting. You get to tour inside the submarine. It’s a... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
mpia0215
via mobile

All reviews uss nautilus subs self guided tour naval history submarine force control room gift shop donation box north pole free admission men and women ice cap sub base own pace naval base interactive displays all ages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Bring the kids! They'll love it!!! We will be visiting again, this time to bring my father who would absolutely love this!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the 3rd time we visited The Submarine Force Museum. It is very interesting for kids and adults alike. Walk through using a hand held narrated device to guide you through the Nautilus. Free museum and Nautilus tour. Worth the stop!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very interesting place to visit. It took about two hours to walk through the museum and tour the sub. The submarine was extremely cool to walk through along with the audio tour. Would go back again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

When we got there, I asked one of the employees behind the desk when the Nautilus was decommissioned, and I was told that it is still an active duty submarine. After looking at the sub and seeing all of the modifications made to make it a museum, I asked the NCO on the sub the same question and he told me that it was decommissioned in 1980 which made a whole lot more sense. They really need to make sure their employees know their facts. I couldnt leave without correcting the old fella. I think he was pretty embarassed. (rightfully so)

1  Thank trintrav
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a well-designed museum about submarine life, history, and issues. There are several long and short video presentations, engaging displays, and a really nice audio tour of the SSN Nautilus (the first nuclear sub and the the first to sail under the North Pole ice cap. A wonderful gift shop cps off the experience.