“Good place for a few days stop-off”

Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Stopped here for a few days. Very nice hotel, fairly basic but not in a no-frills way. Good value for money. Restaurant menu a bit limited but food fine. Good swimming pool. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
HGI-Groton, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

Dear hs_pensford:

Thank you for your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Groton/Mystic, Connecticut. I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel. We think we're in a great location - and our guests love our proximity to Mystic.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn in the not too distant future.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed here instead of in Mystic for two reasons: 2 queen beds instead of 2 doubles (essential when children are sharing a bed!) and the price was cheaper. We also opted for the breakfast deal. Overall, the hotel was clean, staff was very friendly, room was very nice. Breakfast was decent. Omelets were made to order which is a nice touch. Wait-staff was pleasant. No problems at breakfast. Staff was great. Nice lobby, cozy to hang out in. We checked in late afternoon, went to Mystic Pizza for dinner (would recommend) and didn't get back to the hotel until close to 10. We almost had a disaster in that we thought they wouldn't let us go for a swim (pool closes at 10), but the front desk let us in, no problems. Said as long as we were in by 10 we were okay. Would have been a LONG night if the kids couldn't swim :) To me, this was above the usual service. Most places would not have cared. We would stay here again, would highly recommend.

Dear GoCeltsGo:

Thank you for taking the time to comment with regards to your recent saty at the HIlton Garden Inn, Groton/Mystic, Connecticut.

Thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms. All of my staff take pride in their jobs and comments like yours help to boost their confidence in their jobs. I'll be sure to pass this along to them during the next team meeting.

Thanks again and please think of us on your next visit to Connecticut.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed in a one bedroom suite for 4 nights. I found the suite to be very spacious and clean. The housekeeping members did a really nice job. The suite also had one and 1/2 bathrooms which was a nice bonus. We bought the great giveaway package that came with breakfast. I found thaqt as long as you stayed away from sweeter items like pancakes and french toast then the breakfast was fine. The eggs and omelets were very good, and the french toast and pancakes were just plain bad. Service was good at breakfast as well.

The workout room was very nice in comparison to other hotels and had plenty of equipment. The pool was on the small size but still nice. The location of the hotel was also good for getting to Mystic or the casinos. I would recommend this hotel if you can get it at a good price. I thought the price I paid was a little steep ($199/night) even for s suite. But the whole area is over priced so I can't blame the hotel for that.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Large clean property well located friendly staff except at breakfast where bossy waitress would only do things her way. that was a little weird that you could not order what you wanted in a restaurant. Nice pool and fitness center.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
HGI-Groton, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Mystic/Groton, CT. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our team members. Your comments are very important and I embrace them so that we can better our service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the HIlton Garden Inn, Mystic/Groton, CT in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights since we were attending a wedding. The hotel is convenient, right off of I95. The hotel is basic, the room and bathroom is standard size. Being HH members we got free full breakfast vouchers. Breakfast was cooked to order but service was poor. The hotel staff overall caters to tourists staying one-two nights so is not very friendly or service oriented. The hotel met our needs since we were there for only a few hours everyday.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I booked this hotel because it was near my place of work while in the area. From the website it seemed like a nice hotel. Well I was mistaken. Upon check in the front desk agent acted annoyed that they had to work and I overheard them in the back office complaining about how much they hated the hotel and management. Once I finally got checked into the hotel I went into my room which was nice enough but extremely small. It was later in the afternoon so I tried to call down for some room service and got not answer. I walked down to the lobby to find that it was extremely busy and one on person working to accomodate all the guests for dinner and the bar!!! Upon waiting to place an order I overheard the staff member saying that she was so busy and that noone would answer their phone to come in and help her. I decided to pass on having dinner at the hotel all together through out my stay. Breakfast was a completely different ordeal - disorganized and greasy food that was overpriced to say the least. I know the company who owns this hotel owns the Hampton Inn in Groton as well so I will be sure to move my future business to the Mystic Hliton hotels - even if it is a further drive.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GovernmentTRV
Reviewed June 15, 2010

This hotel is conveniently located to interstate 95. The hotel is new and has a heated pool and a well appointed business center. My room was large and well maintained by housekeeping. The only drawback is the self closing bathroom door. I had to prop it open with the luggage rack. I stayed three nights and received complimentary dinner entrees in the small but adequate hotel dining area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Hampton Inn - Groton
Hampton Inn - Groton
#2 of 14 in Groton
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!