“AVOID ROOM 130!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Checked in on Monday at around 11:30AM and was given room 130. I just dropped off my stuff and left for my meetings. Returned to the hotel after a long day at 9pm. When I was about ready to go to bed, there were continuous loud banging behind my bed. Waited for ten minutes and it still continued. I stepped out and checked what is behind my room and it is the back of the house hallway. Called the desk and the response was "yes, there is our kitchen hallway and you just have to wait for another twenty minutes, they are cleaning. There is nothing I can do"! So, waited again and it finally stopped around 10:15pm, more than twenty minutes after my call. I was finally able to fall asleep at 11pm. I did not ask for a wake up call but I received one around 5:15am with yet again, loud banging behind my bed. Guess what, they are preparing for breakfast!!

I did not even bother to call again at that time and just watched a TV as I could not go back to sleep. Had breakfast around 7am and when I checked out, the Front Desk person asked how my stay was. I simply said I could be better if I could get some sleep. He said quote "Oh, yes I know, you are in room 130, unfortunately there was nothing we can do. That was the last room available when we assigned you". Really?? I am working in the industry, so he just lied to me, because that was not the LAST room available when you are checking in at 11:30am! And the only thing he did was giving me a free breakfast! As a result of my lack of sleep, I was not feeling well and had to reschedule some of my meetings. If you are planning to stay in this hotel, AVOID ROOM 130!!

Room Tip: Refuse if you are given room 130
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nice hotel with average amenities and NO BREAKFAST. When I utilize the in hotel restaurant several times and I tip everyone 25+ % I kind of think breakfast should be included. Looking into Marriot or Club Carlson alternative. Hilton, wake up. We visit twice a quarter and take 8 to 10 rooms each stay. You will lose us...your choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 697johno
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stead at this hotel with my wife for two days and we liked it very much. It is new, well maintained and good price. The breakfast price is high for a continental one. It should be included to the room rate.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our daughter is in the 2015 class at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. She is the reason for our frequent trips to the area. Our family repeatedly stays at this hotel because it is a good value and is clean and comfortable. We ALWAYS find the staff helpful, attentive, and friendly! We really enjoy the breakfast foods, choices and staff. On my most recent visit I thought I would try a cheaper place. What a mistake! The other lodging was so poor that I immediately checked out and headed straight to The Garden Inn. It is SO nice to stay in a great hotel!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed at several HGI's over the last couple of years. What's great about the HGI properties is the amenities are consistent at nearly every property. This HGI was no different. Staff was friendly, and offered suggestions for local eateries when we asked about where were good places to eat in the area. This HGI is less than 20 minutes from both Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. They offer a shuttle to Mohegan Sun on Saturday nights, but unfortunately, the Saturday night we were there, it was cancelled due to snow falling that night at about an inch an hour! Our standard King bed room was clean and spacious. The microwave and fridge are a great convenience and the addition of the single-serve Keurig coffeemaker in the room was a welcome surprise. We also checked out the pool and Jacuzzi area. Being that it was February vacation, it was full of kids, but when it's snowing and freezing cold outside, it's nice for parents to have something to do with them on site that won't cost an arm and a leg. Overall, a very pleasant experience, and will stay here again the next time we head down to the area.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available at this HGI, and there was no smell of smoke in the hallways even on the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2014

A very nice place to stay when in the Groton/Mystic area. It's convenient to the Aquarium, downtown Mystic seaport, Old Mystick Village, etc. The staff at this hotel were very, very accommodating and truly made us feel special. The hotel features great decor throughout. Our room with king-sized bed was very adequate! Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Excellent service and the location is perfect if you want to visit Mystic. Room was clean and the bed was delicious , I slept like a baby (even thought I suffer from back pain ). I am coming back with my kids.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grisselle B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Hampton Inn - Groton
Hampton Inn - Groton
#3 of 14 in Groton
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!