“Great location and helpful staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
West Caldwell, United States
“Great location and helpful staff”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed as part of a very reasonable room block, arranged for us by a family member, so we could all attend a wake and funeral. The staff could not be kinder to our group. Of particular note was the hospitality we received from Nancy, our waitress and bartender. She was thoughtful and kind, even helped get the kids in our group situated as we had a mini family reunion. The location was quiet, easy to find. Makes it ideal for tourist and business travelers alike.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank John M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
United States
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Recently moved away from this area and needed to reconnect with some of my friends that I was missing. Stayed at this Hilton so I could have my own space. It was quiet and clean. The staff was friendly and efficient. I slept peacefully and late which is very unusual for me. I would definitely recommend this Hilton for anyone that needs to stay in the Groton area. Also the location is very close to the casinos.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

New York, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel was a great choice for our weekend visit to SE CT - close to many attractions as well as the two casinos. The staff were phenomenal and were exceptionally friendly and helpful - we arrived early but were given a room right away, and any time we had a question the front desk staff were cheery in their responses. A really nice feature was the coffee/tea/water that was available in the lobby - really made for a nice start/end to the day. The rooms and the facility itself was very clean and well-maintained, and there was always ample, well-lit parking available. This hotel is also located next to a Walmart as well as a strip mall which made picking up items that we forgot very easy!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

What a wonderful, family-owned hotel! I stayed there for 5 days for a conference, and I found the staff to be courteous and helpful at every turn. The rooms were clean and very well appointed ... the fridge, coffee maker, and microwave in each room makes things VERY convenient. I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling in the area!

Room Tip: My room was right across from the conference room, which made things very convenient for me, as I di...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mount Sinai, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel was lovely. We were able to check in early, they upgraded our room for no additional charge, and the staff was very helpful. It was clean and well maintained. Our room was very nicely decorated and very clean.
I had gotten sick one night, and the front desk sent up stomach mediaction from their first aid kit gratis and instantly when I called.They were so kind and helpful. The room service breakfast we ordered came right on time to our room, and was hot and yummy.
The only downside (which is of not fault of the hotel) was the ignorant, rude guests staying on the same floor as my husband and me. I had to wonder if this was the first time this particluar group of people stayed in a hotel. From running down the hallway screaming with a group of 3 year olds, to yelling "Wooo Hoo, Party!" at 2 AM. Seriously, have some respect for others in this world people and behave when in public. As I said, this was not teh Hotels fault so I haven't penalized them in my rating.
Bottom line, the hotel was great, book it. Central located, clean and fair price. It boils down to wherever you go there will always be people who have no manners.

Room Tip: Book on a internet travel site and save a lot of $$$!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2014

we often go to mohegan sun and this specific garden inn is about an easy 15 minutes away without the accrued experience of paying well over 200.00 a night to stay at the casino.The hotel in spotless in every aspect,rooms,pool area,lobby and restaurant.The food is very good but there are other options nearby,anyway i stay there 5/6 times a year and i enjoy my stays always.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Nice, France
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had a fabulous stay here! Spacious rooms, excellent WIFI, office facilities on the ground floor, cool gym and pool, a laundrette, skilled staff, plenty of free parking on the grounds, complimentary drinks and breakfast in the lobby. Didn't miss anything that you would need on a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!