“Well run hotel, great staff and amenities too!”

Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I took our kids to the Hilton Garden for an overnight for their birthday. We look for a property with an indoor pool as this gives the kids a chance to swim and unwind out of the cold. At check-in, I mentioned the twins birthday at the front desk and to our pleasant surprise, two bunches of birthday balloons were waiting for them in our room. Simple touch but the kids loved it! Our suite and baths were spotless and everything was in order. We spent many hours in the pool and jacuzzi- it was clean, comfortable, stocked with towels and how it should be.
We had considered breakfast off the property but opted to stay, which proved to be a good decision. A very well stocked brekafast including omelette's, belgian waffles, fresh baked cinnamon rolls and the like. All left the property full, well rested and ready for the day! It's nice to see hotel properties run effectively by people that care. We will definitely stay at this property again!!

Room Tip: The Northeast rear of the hotel has views and is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Fred A

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Normally Marriott is my preference. Could not find one within a reasonable commute so I went with reliable number two. And very happy that I did. It had been a very long day and all I wanted was a light meal and a cold drink. I was thrilled to find that they had a restaurant on property. Can you believe homemade soup in a chain hotel and it was delicious. The room was spotless, the linens fresh and clean, the bathroom in perfect order. A efficient work space and speedy wifi connection. Breakfast in the morning including made to order omelets. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant, efficient and concerned that they were meeting my expectations. When my business travel brings me back to Groton I'll forgo the Marriott and stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel itself is lovely, typical Hilton Garden Inn. The weekend that we were there was a busy wedding weekend for the hotel in September 2012.
I have been reluctant to write this review as the hotel itself was fine, but want people to know our experience. We were in adjoing rooms with my elderly Mother-in-law, our adult children were in a third room a few doors down. The issue that we had was that I had left a ring in a ring box in the room when we left. The woodwork is dark as was the ring box and in the rush of leaving with MIL in tow, the box got left on the tv stand. All of my other jewelry was with us when we got home and finally unpacked a few days later. I called the Hilton Garden Inn when it became clear that there was no other possiblity for the ring other than being left in the room.
My issue comes with the response from the hotel. I called and asked to speak to the manager, who was not available. My call was forwarded to housekeeping, I was not able to speak with anyone at that point and so left a message with a brief synopsis and request for a call back. When I did not receive one, I called again a day later. I spoke with the head of housekeeping who said that the lost and found had been checked and that there was no ring matching my discription. I explained that this ring was an anniversary ring that had a great deal of sentimental value and that I was only interested in getting it back. I was told that they would talk to the staff who had cleaned that room and get back to me. When I spoke to them again a couple of days later, I was told that the staff reponsible for that room on that day reported that there was no ring found. Not surprising I suppose, but frustrating. The real frustration for me, beyond losing this piece of jewlery is that the attitude from the hotel was that that they couldn't have cared less, they did the minimum, case closed. I know that they could not have replaced the ring or accuse the staff of something with no proof, but an apology for having had a bad experience there would have gone a long way.
In hindsight, I should have called the police and filed a report. I know that the ring is gone and that it is unltimatly my fault for leaving it behind. I can't prove that the ring was pocketed by a staff member, but also can't come up with any other possibilty.
Again, the hotel was fine, the customer service when something went awry was not. Lesson learned leaving a bad taste in my mouth for Hilton Garden Inns. I marked the value rating as low not because of the cost of the room, but rather becasue of what it cost me in frustration and a much loved sentimental piece of jewelry.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. I normally eat out when I am on travel, but the hotel restaurant was so good and the staff so friendly that I decided to eat at the hotel every night! Very friendly staff, outstanding breakfast, and a very warm atmosphere throughout the facility.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband & I went up to Mystic for a 'winter cabin-fever getaway' superbowl weekend. We read the reviews from other visitors and they were spot-on. All the front desk employees - Jessica M., Andrea, Krystal, Meredith and Les, were extremely polite and helpful (free cookies on the desk!). The pool and hottub were the cleanest I've ever seen at a hotel. The room was impeccably clean and had all the right amenities (it was a tad smaller than I expected-but lovely). Beds were extremely comfortable. We watched the superbowl in the lobby bar and had delicious $.25 hotwings with $2.00 beer - GREAT! Every employee in the hotel was so nice and made our stay perfect. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

All Services were great. Food, Check In, Bar (Greast Drinks). Would definitely stay here when in the area again. The check in was smooth and easy. Rooms were comfortable for the three nights we stayed. Staff was helpful regarding anything we needed. Breakfast had a great menu and was very fulfilling. Beds were so comfortable, it was hard to get up..LOL

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

When in New England again for work I will definitely return to this HOTEL !!! Food was very good great portions size, breakfast was really good lots of choices couldn't eat everything I liked. I requested extra pillows and a upper floor upon arrival I had top floor and extra pillows were waiting in room for me. My laptop had great internet connections. I wish I could be catered like this everyday..A+++

Room Tip: Location near Rt. 95, Parking no problem, great variety of foods, bed and pillows were exactly what...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!