“Good hotel choice for the Groton/Mystic area”

Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Lewiston, Maine
“Good hotel choice for the Groton/Mystic area”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here for one night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our TV remote was missing, but they brought one right up for us. The room was updated, neat, clean and had an adjustable bed for the sleeper's own preference as far as soft or firm. The hotel offered free wifi with a password they provided. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hottub too. The breakfast buffet was very good but wasn't free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hope, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked this hotel for the weekend of our wedding July 2012. All of our guests stayed as well, they were very accommodating, there were a few booking mix ups and they resolved all issues quickly and the price was very competitive for the area and time of year. The rooms were nice to get ready in, especially the suites which have 1.5 bathrooms. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early for the summer
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with this hotel. We had a reservation issue that was dealt with very well by the registration staff prior to arrival. Hotel is clean, beds comfortable. It is strangely hard to get to from the east...we crossed the Thames a few times and had to turn around. When we thought we finally had it right, we went though the shop and save parking lot...and found ourselves back on 95 heading over the Thames once again....found it humorous. Get a better GPS than we had...

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel it's self was as we would have expected from a medium priced chain. The room was adequate and cleaned to a good standard, when we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. The service at the bar in the evening was extremely good . Breakfast was not included in our room charge, but we were very pleased with the service and the quality of the food, however on the day of checking out there were different staff providing the service for breakfast, whereas on our first day the tables were set and as soon as we sat down we were offered tea etc, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. On this morning it felt as if we were in the way, the staff seemed almost to be setting up for the next meal even though we were well within the time set for breakfast, it made me feel very uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Generally
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed October 1, 2012

For anyone planning on using this hotel for an event I would caution you....My son reserved a room block 1 1/2 years ago for his wedding. Prior to the date of the room block expiration they released several rooms causing us to scramble for a far less desirable hotel. Then with the wedding 14 days away they moved all the guests to another hotel which is a grade lower than this establishment and it does not have any restaurant service. This is a destination wedding for 90% of the guests. A large amount of material has been printed and now need to be reprinted at great expense. They have done NOTHING to make this situation better. I would caution anyone NOT to use this for ANY event they absolutely can not be trusted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mfroeb315
South Salem, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while on a mini vacation for a Wedding we were attending. We decided to take a day trip to The Big E in Springfield, MA before arriving at the hotel later on that evening - after a wonderful day at the fair we ended the day with an unfortunate situation with our car that was out of our hands.

It was my Mother birthday on top of everything and she was extremely upset about the car situation. I decided to call the hotel, unfortunately I do not remember the wonder woman’s name that helped me (she was the Sales Manager) and we worked something out that a delicious piece of chocolate cake would be awaiting her in her room upon our arrival.

We drove the hour and change to the hotel and as soon as we walked in, the same woman whom I had spoken to on the phone was waiting at the desk with a beautiful smile on her face ready to check us in. She was extremely polite and JUST what we needed after a long day. My mother was completely blown away by the gesture of the cake waiting in her room, and she said it was delicious!

I was able to take advantage of breakfast the next morning - reasonable priced and greatly staffed.

This was my second time at this hotel and I promise that I will indeed return back to this property as it's in a perfect location and the staff exceeds expectations!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FlipFloppinLuv
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I liked this hotel. The room was clean, spacious, well-decorated, and very comfortable. I slept soundly here! The front lobby was lovely and the location was convenient. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and nice, although the hot tub never really got hot.

I did have a few problems, not dealbreakers, just annoyances. My room key deactivated pretty much every time I put it in my purse, and I'd never had that happen before and I've stayed in a lot of hotels! The magnetic strip on it must've been very weak, or maybe it was the door lock itself...

The door lock to my room completely died when I was returning late one night. No one could get me into my room, so the front desk had to call a maintenance man off site. They offered me another room to sleep for the night, but I really needed to get into my room for my things. It took about an hour altogether and was after midnight by the time I got into my room, and even then I couldn't leave and come back into the room for any reason until the maintenance man could do additional repairs in the morning, otherwise I would've been hopelessly locked out again. I was understanding and I know that these things do happen, and everyone was professional under the circumstances. Even the maintenance guy arrived within about half an hour which I thought was impressive. The next day, the front desk sent a thank you card and a fruit and cheese tray for the trouble. A discount would've been much more appreciated, especially since I was never around to eat the food they sent, but at least they took the initiative to acknowledge the inconvenience I experienced.

Lodging choices in the Groton and Mystic area aren't very appealing, but I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dpladyreed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn - Groton
Hampton Inn - Groton
#3 of 14 in Groton
Best Western Olympic Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!