“Great!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Texas
“Great!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Super comfy, large, and clean room... helpful staff, convenient location. Can't beat it for the rate we paid...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel wasn't my 1st choice, because I wanted to stay closer to New London. However I quickly realized, it was a great spot.

Just a couple minutes off the freeway and close to restaurants and shopping, it was a wonderful location

The front desk folks were always friendly, especially the lady who checked me in.

The facility was clean and the bed comfy. Lots of cable channels to choose from for that late night channel surfer.

I didn't eat breakfast there, so I speak about the food or service there, but overall I would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jimx2indc
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because I didnt want to pay $400 for a room at Mohegan Sun where I was attending a concert. Its about a 15 minute drive away. The drive is easy but very poorly marked-no fault of the hotel but something to be aware of. They provide detailed directions at the front desk to all of the surrounding casinos. Checkin was quick, the room smelled like a smoking room even though I had reserved non smoking but it wasnt bad enough to complain about. The beds were heavenly. The bathroom was bright and clean. If you are there on a Saturday night they provide a shuttle service to Mohegan Sun for a fee-you must reserve it in advance. The best part was after a very long night they did not enforce the checkout time. They let us stay as long as we liked, for no extra cost which was great. Everyone who worked there was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

On our recent five week tour of four NE states we happened on Mystic (we're serendipitous travellers) and actively sought out a Hilton Garden Inn. This is because we’d stayed at four other Hilton Properties earlier and found them excellent value. This one is no different. I could write the same review for each of them; clean, new, comfortable, all the facilities you need like free Wi Fi and comparatively cheap. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was quiet and spacious. The Hilton beds are adjustable and a good sleep is assured. A fully cooked breakfast for $9.95 per head is a bargain. We checked in and then made a tour of Mystic and picked out a restaurant to return to later but when we got back to the hotel they told us they had complimentary tacos at 5 so we filled up on them and skipped dinner. Bonus!

Newport News, VA
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is a pretty standard HGI. It works well for government travelers working at the subase. I spent 3 nights here in August 2011 and couldn't have been more satisfied with my stay. Bed was comfy, breakfast was plentiful (and free with gold status), and my room was quiet. Also a nice little hot tub that wasn't busy at all while I was there.

Anything you might need while staying here is available close by, there is a Walmart, Stop-n-Shop, and a liquor store all within a few minutes drive. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank waterlgged
New York
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel was very clean. It had a refrigerator & microwave.
It is very close to Mystic Seaport & the casino's.
They have multiple shuttle buses to Mohegan Sun casino for a minimal fee.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

1 Thank travelcat1
Austin
Reviewed October 31, 2011

What an excellent hotel. Our experiences throughout our stay were great. At check in they upgraded us to a suite even though we were using points for our room. The whole hotel was clean and had an excellent staff. It was conveniently located for sites and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!