“Homemade!!!”
Review of Buttonwood Farm

Buttonwood Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Griswold
More attraction details
Owner description: Buttonwood Farms produces premium, farm-fresh ice cream on our scenic family farm. Our waffle cones and homemade whipped cream are made fresh daily! Our Sunflowers for Wishes festival and fundraiser to benefit Make-A-Wish will take place July 22-30. During weekends in the fall (September 17 - October 30) visit our 7 acre corn maze, pick-your-own pumpkin patch, and family-friendly attractions.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

They have a large variety of flavors and its all homemade ice cream. Love to go here when in the area.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to Buttonwoods. We went on the last day to view the sunflowers, needless to say it was extremely busy. We rode the cow train which is cute for younger kids, there is also a tractor ride for adults and a field full if sunflowers to look at. Other than getting ice cream that's all there is. I had sunflower ice cream which was good, the rest of the family each had other flavors which they enjoyed. I would recommend going earlier in the season, maybe less crowded. At least a 1/2 hour wait in line for ice cream. Plan on other things to do in the area if its a far drive

1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went with our grandson for the Make a Wish Foundation special Buttonwood Sunflower Festival this week. The scene is glorious with acres upon acres of huge sunflowers. We rode in the wagon around the property as the youngsters enjoyed feeding the beautiful cows from the wagon. Shouts of joy and much laughter! What better?
Going to the farm, you must be sure to have a hot dog & sample the delicious ice cream . Be sure to bring your camera and prepare yourself for a day of delight for the young and old.
During this week large bunches of sunflowers are sold for $5.00 and the proceeds all go to the Make a Wish Foundation

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went for the first time 2 weeks ago and had a large 2 scoop cup of peanut butter and pumpkin ice cream. The site is beautiful and It is by far the best ice cream I ever had and could not resist going back the following week to have some more. The pumpkin ice cream is so smooth and rich. Its just like having a delicious slice of pumpkin pie which is my favorite. The peanut butter is rich and smooth. Not too thick or sweet and a great combination with the pumpkin. Topped with their delicious fresh whipped cream :-) My kids love it and definitely planning to go back soon. The ice cream is pricey ($5 for two "BIG" scoops) but I spend just as much on a sundae at DQ and never walk away fully satisfied. I plan on having their fresh waffle cone next time. My sister in law says they are delicious. I definitely recommend visiting this place. I travel 1 hour to get there and its definitely worth it.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Buttonwood is in a beautiful location and the ice cream is incredibly good. It's high quality homemade ice cream and well worth the couple extra bucks. I've been here on multiple occasions and have always been very pleased. The coconut ice cream is by far the best I've ever had anywhere.