“comfortable stay”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Griswold
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The value for the price is great. It is close to foxwoods and mohegan sun casinos . They have an indoor pool for guests to use . The choices of food for the free breakfast is great . You can have eggs , sausages,yogurts, cereal, bagels, muffins, coffee and juice . You will not leave hungry ! I will be staying there again when I want to visit the casinos .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Griswoldct, Guest Services Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you Jeanne for the fantastic review! I'm happy to see you will be visiting us again for your next trip to the casinos! We are always striving to provide a relaxing and comfortable environment for our guests, and I'm glad you were able to experience that first hand. We are looking forward to your next visit! Thank you again for the kind words!

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Our room was spacious and clean. Room wasnt ready upon arrival and when we did get in room The fireplace didnt work. However maintenance man came and fixed it fairly quick. Loved the room. Shuttle bus to casinos was not available on sunday night (even though it was holiday weekend) and cab service is horrible! Waited a while for a ride to casino and over 2 hrs to get back to hotel. All in all the hotel was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Griswoldct, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the AmericInn of Griswold, and for taking the time to review the property! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize your fireplace was not working at the time of your arrival, but glad we were able to get it back up and running in a timely manner. I will share your comments with my team, they are always striving to create a comfortable environment for our guests. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,
Emily H.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

For a recent 3 night stay, this hotel was suggested to me by my daughter who I was visiting in the area. The lobby was lovely and the reception staff courteous. However, both coverlets on the beds in my room were badly stained and the room just looked a bit old and tired. I could deal with that but on the 2nd day I left the hotel early Saturday morning and returned Saturday evening. Upon returning, I discovered that the door to my room had been left open and the bed I had slept in was only half made. When I told the person at the reception desk about all this she apologized, said she's notify the staff but that was the end of that. I also had to have my room key re-keyed twice before they finally gave me a new one.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Griswoldct, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Debra,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Griswold. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. My hope is that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations and right our wrong. Please contact me directly at 860-376-3200 to discuss a future stay. Again I do apologize for the inconveniences and hope we can host you in the future.
Emily Hurlock
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels, Motels and Inns in my lifetime, and I must say that when I stay at AmericInn I stay with one of the best in the business. They always provide me with exceptional service.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Paul, seeing guests like you makes our job even better! Thank you for the kind review! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, and I'm happy you are able to experience that first hand. Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The best hotel ...super cozy! The staff makes you feel at home! I Go there every year with my family this year I came with my girlfriend and I had a great time ...the breakfast is delicious ..the beds are clean the pool is clean
Overall 10/10

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jason, thank you for making the AmericInn of Griswold your "home away from home". We always want to make our guests feel comfortable, and I'm glad to see you relaxed in our pool and enjoyed a hot breakfast. Hopefully we can host you again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Hotel was clean, comfortable, good price, but their shuttle is very limited and their "arrangement" with a taxi company is BS. Don't stay unless you have to on a busy weekend if you plan on going to Foxwoods.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jason A
Griswoldct, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We provide complimentary scheduled shuttle service to both Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. Upon arrival, we ask that you sign up for specific times to leave and come back to the hotel. If a guest would prefer to take alternate transportation returning, we merely hand out a business card from the closest cab company as a courtesy and estimate the cost from what we have been told. We do not have any sort of arrangement with the taxi service nor do we receive a "kickback", I do welcome you to try our services again. If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at (860) 376-3200. Thank you.
Laura Wheatley

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was our second stay. Can't say enough good things about this place. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Excellent value. Such a good place and would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Matt P

Matt, thank you for the great review! It was our pleasure to host you again! I hope net time you are in the area you can come enjoy another night with us. Again, thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Griswold
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Quality Inn Plainfield
#2 of 3 in Plainfield
Comfort Suites- Norwich
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold? Share your experiences!