“Would not stay here again”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Griswold
Reviewed January 31, 2014

For a recent 3 night stay, this hotel was suggested to me by my daughter who I was visiting in the area. The lobby was lovely and the reception staff courteous. However, both coverlets on the beds in my room were badly stained and the room just looked a bit old and tired. I could deal with that but on the 2nd day I left the hotel early Saturday morning and returned Saturday evening. Upon returning, I discovered that the door to my room had been left open and the bed I had slept in was only half made. When I told the person at the reception desk about all this she apologized, said she's notify the staff but that was the end of that. I also had to have my room key re-keyed twice before they finally gave me a new one.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Griswoldct, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Debra,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Griswold. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. My hope is that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations and right our wrong. Please contact me directly at 860-376-3200 to discuss a future stay. Again I do apologize for the inconveniences and hope we can host you in the future.
Emily Hurlock
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels, Motels and Inns in my lifetime, and I must say that when I stay at AmericInn I stay with one of the best in the business. They always provide me with exceptional service.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Paul, seeing guests like you makes our job even better! Thank you for the kind review! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, and I'm happy you are able to experience that first hand. Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The best hotel ...super cozy! The staff makes you feel at home! I Go there every year with my family this year I came with my girlfriend and I had a great time ...the breakfast is delicious ..the beds are clean the pool is clean
Overall 10/10

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Jason, thank you for making the AmericInn of Griswold your "home away from home". We always want to make our guests feel comfortable, and I'm glad to see you relaxed in our pool and enjoyed a hot breakfast. Hopefully we can host you again in the future! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Hotel was clean, comfortable, good price, but their shuttle is very limited and their "arrangement" with a taxi company is BS. Don't stay unless you have to on a busy weekend if you plan on going to Foxwoods.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jason A
Griswoldct, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We provide complimentary scheduled shuttle service to both Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. Upon arrival, we ask that you sign up for specific times to leave and come back to the hotel. If a guest would prefer to take alternate transportation returning, we merely hand out a business card from the closest cab company as a courtesy and estimate the cost from what we have been told. We do not have any sort of arrangement with the taxi service nor do we receive a "kickback", I do welcome you to try our services again. If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at (860) 376-3200. Thank you.
Laura Wheatley

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was our second stay. Can't say enough good things about this place. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Excellent value. Such a good place and would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Matt P

Matt, thank you for the great review! It was our pleasure to host you again! I hope net time you are in the area you can come enjoy another night with us. Again, thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite with our 3 year old and 7 year old. I was looking for a reasonable hotel that had free wifi, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. We were extremely happy with the stay and the accommodations. The staff there was extremely pleasant and very helpful. They also offer a shuttle on the weekends to the casinos. We were very happy with the pool and the breakfast was great. If you have stayed at a new La Quinta, it is very comparable, but Americinn's suites are actually two rooms with doors to separate. The other hotel isn't. We'll be back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Griswoldct, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites, Griswold. The entire staff takes great pride in our property as well as our customer service. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Not the 8 star taj.but great price great people. Great service. Half or a third of the price of the casinos........ very polite staff in person and on phone. Can't say much more stayed last new years . Shuttle drivers were awesome too...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Griswoldct, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you! We are looking forward to another opportunity to host you on your next visit to the area casino's. When you are ready please give us a call, we are always more than happy to be of assistance to you. Again, thank you for your review. Everyone at AmericInn hopes you have a great holiday season!

Best wishes,
The AmericInn Griswold

Also consider these accommodations in or near Griswold
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
Quality Inn Plainfield
Quality Inn Plainfield
#2 of 3 in Plainfield

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold? Share your experiences!