“It is all about the staff”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Griswold
Jewett City, Connecticut, United States
“It is all about the staff”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Of course the room was clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were modern, clean and well stocked with towels. But what really made the visit pleasant was how nice the staff was. Front desk, breakfast attendant and maid service were all about customer service. We got a "package" that included Sparkling cider for the kids and Ghirardelli Chocolates delivered to the room moments after our arrival.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
punchbugmom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Awesome girls weekend away! The hotel was very clean and staff was helpful and friendly. The beds were comfortable and I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel as quiet as this one. We didn't hear ANY hallway noise and we were on the first floor right next to the lobby where they serve breakfast every morning. In most hotels you can hear doors slamming and people talking down the halls. We heard nothing! They have a nice indoor pool/hot tub and a small exercise room. It's also very close to casinos and they offer a free shuttle (we didn't use it but they seem to be very helpful with this as well).

Room Tip: We thought we'd have a noisy room since it was right next to the lobby and the vending/ice machi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The front desk people were very nice. Room was clean, and beds comfortable. We had plenty of towels. Coffee is always available and the breakfast in the morning was decent. I didn't notice any noise. The pool was also nice. Only took about 20 - 25 min to get to Mystic and Mohegan Sun.

• Stayed August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I were going up to Mohegan Sun for the weekend, and were trying to find a place that had a shuttle to the casino. We've tried some other places before that left us dissatisfied, so we came across the AmericInn and made a reservation. The room was very nice - huge space, great hot tub, unbelievably comfortable bed! The one issue of the weekend was due to some miscommunication and inaccurate information we were given, we ended up having to take a taxi back to the hotel at 2am rather than take the shuttle.

After I was emailed a survey asking about how our stay was, I explained the details of what we experienced. Matthew, the General Manager, called me moments afterwards, apologizing for the miscommunication and refunding us double what the taxi had cost us! He was very understanding and apologetic. I found my entire perspective to do a 180 with Matthew's attention and care for resolving the situation to the best that was possible.

The room was absolutely fantastic and for such a great rate! I would recommend the AmericInn to anyone who wants to feel that the enjoyment of their stay matters very much to the staff - for that is how I felt while staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jahnar
New Hampshire
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very nice cozy hotel lobby....lovely on the outside, as well....rooms are comfy and clean although, nothing fancy. A nice breakfast comes with the room price which includes unlimited coffee, juice, bagels, pastries, sausage and biscuits, waffles, eggs, yogurt, etc.. This was our 2nd stay at the Connecticut location. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Griswoldct, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so much for the great compliment! We hope to see you for a 3rd and many many other times!
Littleton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I decided that we wanted to go to Mohegan Sun as a little "minimoon" after our wedding, since our actual honeymoon isn't until next February. We decided on this hotel because it offered a free shuttle to the casinos, and it was inexpensive, which were our only requirements.

Hotel staff was very friendly during check in, and got us signed up for the shuttles. Shuttles book up VERY QUICKLY, we didn't get our first choice of times, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, because if we actually were signed up for the midnight shuttle, we would have been waiting penniless at the casino for two hours, because we ran out of money, so it was a blessing in disguise the only shuttle available was 10PM.

The room was great! AND HUGE!!!! I could not believe how much room there was. The bed was less than fantastic, extremely firm, and our pillows were flat.

The fridge didn't work. At all. We didn't bring this to the attention of the staff because we weren't really using it. We did hear someone else in the elevator complaining that their fridge didn't work.

There was a loud party that we could hear in the hallway in the room next to us, but we couldn't hear it from our room, so they're pretty soundproof.

I wish we could have opened the windows. All locked.

Pool and jacuzzi were standard. No frills, typical indoor pool area.

We asked the front desk for a restaurant recommendation for breakfast and she was very knowledgeable of the area, and had us go to this AMAZING diner in town.

We would stay here again. Good value for the money!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I book AmericInn because the rate was the lowest I could find. I didn't expect such a nice hotel! The front desk staff offered me a better room when I asked about in-room refrigerators. The bed was crazy comfortable. The room was super clean and I had the impression that the hotel was recently built. I really felt at home. I've stayed at much more expensive hotels which were not nearly as nice or accommodating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Griswold
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norwich-Plainfield-Casino
Comfort Suites- Norwich
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold? Share your experiences!