“Sexy, chic hotel in Greenwich”

The J House Greenwich
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent the 4th of July at this really cool, sophisticated little hotel in Greenwich, Ct. The J House is very well priced and my first choice in the area.
It has a really suprisingly cool sexy vibe, and very nicely appointed rooms with a retro feel. One down side in the bathroom however is a remote controlled technically advanced toilet. A liitle to much effort for its purpose.
The Miami inspired pool area has cabana's and lounges and is very inviting.
The restaurant area especially the outside terrace area is a real find, we had a 3 hour lunch which was great. The general manager and staff could not have been better,(shout out to manager Jonathan!!) and made every effort to make our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: ask for rooms not facing parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterMmetroNY

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at J House June 25-29 and had a great experience. The hotel is surrounded by busy roads, providing great access, but no road noise could be heard from the room. The room itself was very comfortable with a good firm king bed, a huge mirrored, flat screen TV, an empty refrigerator that we could use for beverages, etc. The bathroom was a marvel of technology with a toilet that took care of all needs - . Yes, the toilet seat went up every time we walked in front of it, but we did not find that annoying as some others have. The chocolate lab off the hotel lobby is a place for anything chocolate and we particularly enjoyed the chocolate gelato. The restaurant food is excellent and the restaurant itself is interesting as it offers the opportunity to dine inside or out. There are also two attractive bars, one inside, one out, and it is a lively scene for the 20-30 year olds. Breakfast was not included in our rate and it is expensive. The hotel is immaculately clean and bedroom and bathroom linens are of the best quality. The only minor glitch about the room was that the air conditioner was next to the bed and it was difficult to read in bed with the cold air blowing so directly onto the bed.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 227, on the back side of the hotel (parking lot view) and at the end of the corrid...
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The attraction to this boutique hotel is the high technological they employ, which is the most impressive array for a room in this price range. There is an IPad which has the Crestron system which activates all of the lighting, televisions, heat & a/c, and blinds. The two TVs are mirrored, so when not on they simply look like large wall mirrors, the one in the bathroom is actually hidden inside of the mirror above the sink.

The room has a larger and more spacious feel than it's square footage really is due to the privacy glass boxing out the bathroom instead of traditional walls. There's valet parking, a nice restaurant on site, and the access off of (% is as easy as it could get. 36 miles into NYC, and for a hotel actually located with a Greenwich address it has to be considered a good deal- although budget conscious travelers will be better served a mile north in Stamford.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here as a couple for just 1 night; check-in was smooth, room was interesting to say the least. Not sure the SO appreciated the heated toilet seat as much as I did but the L'Occitane toiletries were a nice touch and the water pressure in the shower was excellent. iPad was gimmicky - didn't work when I tried to order some complimentaries from house keeping. Ended up calling through to reception an hour later when they hadn't showed up. Bed was great though and the TV was better than the average chain hotel kind you find.

I can't comment on the restaurant but the bar was great. I always try and learn the names of the bar staff wherever I stay and Alejandr was great. Nothing was too much and he made us feel so welcome. If I'm in Greenwich again, I'll most likely stay here again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at J House in Greenwich CT. We only stayed 2 nights but wish we could have stayed longer. The room was fabulous with wonderful amenities and both nights we had no problem falling asleep in the truly comfortable king-sized bed.
On Saturday morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the restaurant, later, Saturday night it was fun to watch busy chefs preparing desserts behind glass walls adjacent to the bar, while just steps away a talented young lady was singing for the relaxed audiences of the lounge, the bar and restaurant. It was clear to us that attention to detail was evident throughout the J Hotel. Can't say enough about our memorable time there and we will be sure to return in the future!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Old and staid - - - this is not!
The J House has an ultra cool, post modern, Vegas / Palm Springs artsy vibe that is West Coast hipster to the max.
Movies on the walls, a pair of manaquin legs sticking out of a table, flaming fire pits ablaze as you make your way to the bar. You've entered an art museum that has rooms to let for the night.
The room? Very sci-fi. Once you enter there is a central command display. When you click on "welcome" the lights in the room do a gradual from off to on.
Next to the bed is a button that says "Good Night." When you push it the black-out shade mechanically moves into place across the windows and the lights fade out to darkness.
In the bathroom they have a Japanese toilet, for your pleasure. If you don't know what a Japanese toilet is... that's a reason to stay there in itself.
The staff is friendly and attentive.
The coffee shop served up the best cup I've had in 2 years.
By the way - I went first to the Hyatt in Greenwich but they were full. They booked me into the J House. So I went by accident. It will be no accident that I stay at the J House next time I'm in Greenwich.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred L
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Booked the JHouse for a company offsite meeting. From the moment I contacted them, I knew I was in good hands. Their willingness to work with a small group while making us feel special did not go unnoticed. They were flexible with my requests and open to my suggestions, a refreshing combination when planning an event. From the rooms to the food, I heard only positive remarks. One coworker simply did not want to leave. It was a success all around thanks to the professional and attentive staff. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear MBS07,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear how well your company meeting was handled by our staff at The J House Greenwich. Our team does a spectacular job accommodating our in-house groups, and we are pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!
Best,
The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to The J House Greenwich? Share your experiences!