“Futuristic hotel in the heart of Old Greenwich”

The J House Greenwich
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Astoria, New York
“Futuristic hotel in the heart of Old Greenwich”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The J House is the hotel of the future! Delightful and fun. Lights are controlled via iPad and touchscreens. The bathroom is a treat with an indulgent Japanese-style toilet and high-end toiletries. I enjoyed finding a TV in the bathroom mirror, and a mirror in the bedroom that was the TV! Room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Final treat were motorized blackout curtains. Lobby was sleek, and hotel staff were friendly and helpful. My only small suggestion would be to upgrade the towels to something a bit more plush. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SM529
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear SM529,
Thank you for your review of The J House Greenwich. We are glad you enjoyed our futuristic amenities and comfortable accommodations. It would be a pleasure to serve you again soon!
Warm Regards,
The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had the chance to stay here for 2 nights. I normally stay at the Hyatt up the street which is also very nice but I was glad that I was able to get the chance to stay here for this trip. The hotel is stylish and the staff are very friendly and professional. The hotel has great restaurant space as well as outdoor bar space. It was too cold for the pool to be open yet but it looks very inviting and I look forward to relaxing in it on my next visit. The hotel is definitely modern but it is not ugly modern as I have seen in other boutique hotels. The television is the room was amazing. The design of the entire hotel is modern but tasteful. This property was another hotel before it was renovated and it is amazing to see how good a job the owner / designer and builder did on the building. It has some quirks in terms of the floor plan but they are minimal. The only item I could find fault with was that the ice machine is on the lowest level and there only seemed to be that one machine in the hotel. I might have missed others. It was not a major issue but one of easier convenience if there was a machine on each floor.

Room Tip: The hotel is located next to route 95 but I am not aware of the actual noise level in rooms on that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
J House Greenwi... H, Guest Services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Ricksreview,
Thank you for your review and deciding to stay at The J House Greenwich. We are glad you enjoyed our stylish accommodations and friendly hotel personnel. Allow us to apologize if the lack of additional ice machines caused any inconvenience during your stay. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when returning to Greenwich.
Be Well,
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 9, 2013

J House is great. The owner did an outstanding renovation of this former Howard Johnson. Everything is done very well and the technology add on's are amazing - bedside I Pad, mirror/television combinations, unique bathroom amenities, etc. We had an issue with the front desk person relative to our reservations, but Magdy, the director of rooms, stepped in and professionally and cordially took care of checking us in and insuring the type of room we requested....he even invited us to enjoy a complimentary drink in the bar while our room was being prepared.

We had dinner in the restaurant and thought the food was quite good.

Our one-night experience at the J House was very enjoyable, and I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for top quality accommodations in Greenwich.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DZH
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear DZH,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to read that you had such a great experience at The J House Greenwich. Our high-tech amenities are very popular among our guests here, and glad you were able to enjoy them firsthand. It pleases us to read that your reservation was handled by Magdy, and we will share your praises with him. Thank you for highly recommending us to fellow travelers staying in Greenwich, CT.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2013

J HOUSE! I'm definitely a fan for life. I was in Greenwich for a conference and this place is pretty much all I could ask for in a hotel. I was only there for 2 nights but I will certainly never forget it. I loved everything about it! The rooms were immaculate.. loved the iPad and all the different buttons to control everything in the room... the automatic sensor toilet lid.. heated toilet seat.. TV in the bathroom mirror.. bed was AMAZING. Everything about the hotel room was very 'smart'. The only thing that would have made the room 100% perfect (instead of 99.5%) is if there was a makeup mirror in the bathroom. With the TV in the bathroom mirror you kind of have to angle yourself off to the side almost between the sink and the toilet if you need to get up close to the mirror. The restaurant in the hotel is beautiful, great ambiance. I only ate dinner there one of the nights. I ordered the salmon and it was very tasty. They also have a great wine selection.

My only other suggestion to make this place truly perfect would be to have some late night snack options other than the vending machine. The restaurant closes at 10:30 so if you miss that, there aren't any other options in the area except for the gas station and McDonalds.

Other than that, everything is great. Thanks to everyone at J House for making this a very pleasant stay. If I am ever in Greenwich again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BKSweetheart
Dear BKSweetheart,
Thank you for taking the time to share your gracious feedback from your recent stay with us.
We are thrilled to read that you are a fan of The J House Greenwich for life! What a spectacular compliment. It pleases us to learn that our amenities exceeded expectations. Your comments about the makeup mirror and late night snacks will be shared with our Executive Committee, and we appreciate you bringing to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.
Four Oaks, North Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the moment my adult daughter & I arrived to check in until the moment we checked out, we received excellent customer service. Steven, at the front desk, was so nice & accommodating of every request we had. I have traveled a great deal for business & pleasure, stayed in a large variety of accommodations from the East Coast to the West Coast and I must say that the JHouse has the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in! Loved the modern details of the room (i.e., IPad controlled blinds, lights, room temperature; large flat screen TV behind mirror and TV behind mirror in the bathroom; shower and the best toilet ever!) Actually, there was not one thing that we did not like about our room or the service we received from all the staff! Highly recommend "The JHouse" to everyone! Will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MMHolmes42066
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear MMHolmes42066,
Thank you for your review. We are excited to hear that you and your daughter had such a wonderful experience with us at The J House Greenwich. Our staff makes every effort to create an experience that is both unique and memorable, and we are happy to have achieved that with for you. Thank you for highly recommending our hotel to fellow travelers.
New York
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here twice and felt like the food and beverage has a real identity and leadership but the hotel is a bit of a step child, without a parent. Our only complaint about the restaurant is the ridiculously loud live music screeching in the dining room while you are trying to speak to your guest. Re the lodging, at check in, it is evident that you should not require much assistance since the checkin desk is more like a car valet station. The night guy is on personal calls all night so if you need anything, you have to go to the front desk. Day service at the desk is professional and efficient and the rooms are clean. The tech features are cool but not a reason to return. With few options in the Greenwich area, this is my second choice when the Delamar is sold out.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BuckeyeChef,
Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to The J House Greenwich. Allow us to apologize if the volume of the live music caused any inconvenience during your dining experience. Please be assured of our best efforts to deserve your confidence in us, and we hope to be your preferred hotel in Greenwich, CT.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2013

everything here was completely amazing! when you first walk in, the smell of chocolate fills your nostrils almost instantaneously. the chocolate there was phenomenal! I honestly cant rave enough about the restaurant. every meal I had completely met my expectations. (Don't leave without having the pancakes) The room was very clean, and very high tech. Watching The Big Bang Theory while brushing my teeth was pretty fun! Over all, I highly recommend stopping by to check out the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank adam s
Dear adam s,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you found our accommodations to be "amazing." It is also wonderful to hear that Eleven14 Kitchen exceeded your expectations. Thank you for highly recommending The J House Greenwich to fellow readers and travelers. It would be an absolute pleasure to serve you again soon.
Be Well,
The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Southport
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to The J House Greenwich? Share your experiences!