“Hotel of the future”

The J House Greenwich
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My first impression when I arrived at the J House Hotel was that the hotel seemed small on the outside, but once I got inside the entire atmosphere blew my mind!!! I saw on the wall a projection of people crawling and I didn't expect that, but it was actually a fun thing to see!! I met Cindy and Diane at the front desk and both of them were absolutely fabulous!! (Thanks Diane!) They have a chocolate kitchen you can go into and buy all kinds of treats!! Loved that part!

My room was so like the future.... The bathroom was so high tech that I was shocked when i saw the kind of toilet they had! Loved the sliding frosted doors!! My bedroom mirror was also my television!!! OH MY GOD!!! My bed was like a cloud - i sat on it and just melted into it!!! My stay was only 3 days and when I left I actually missed being there.

My only criticism is that the parking in front can be a little cumbersome becuase of the limited space but overall it was a wonderful place to stay and will be returning again very soon!

Room Tip: I don't even think that'll matter. I assume all the rooms were like mine, and I loved mine!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Services Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Michael C,
Thank you for your review. It thrills us to hear that our atmosphere "blew your mind". What a wonderful compliment! Your praises with be shared with Diane, and she too will appreciate the kind words. It is always a pleasure to hear how much our guests enjoy our futuristic yet very comfortable guest rooms. We can't wait to welcome you back again very soon.
Be Well,
The J House Greenwich Guest Services Team

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very different from the other hotels I had used on my week-long roadtrip through the US. The personal note on arrival was a nice touch. Hope I can arrive earlier on next visit and have more time to explore the restaurant and other facilities.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Pros:
Everything is brand new
Very comfortable bed
Great shower
Amazing Toto Japanese toilet
All room functions are remote control

Cons:
Bathroom is enclosed glass without a real door, therefore there is no privacy.
The hotel restaurant is extremely expensive and has a limited menu.
Neighborhood-Not the greatest, seems to be the armpit of Greenwich
Staff-Professional, just not very friendly, I didn't feel welcomed when I checked in.

I'm not sure how the hotel expects to keep their well heeled guests once the newness wears off My room was very dusty and the bathroom toilet had hair behind the lid (I'm assuming the toilet is self clean, therefore housekeeping doesn't bother to clean behind the toilet and the lid.

I don't think I'll return to this property the next time I'm in town for business unless I got an amazing deal.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have view, either your room faces the parking lot or the I95, therefore it doesn...
3  Thank mshal1984

Dear mshal1984,
Thank you for your honest review. Both "pros" and "cons" are very efficacious and help us to learn and grow as a team. We are happy to learn how much you enjoyed our Toto Japanese toilet and iPad controlled guest room. It disappoints us to hear if our staff did not make you feel welcome throughout your stay, but this will be addressed. Also, please allow us to apologize if you found any dust or hair present in your guest room during your recent stay. This type of service is unacceptable, and will be shared with our Housekeeping team and Executive Committee. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to welcome you back for a much improved stay if given another opportunity in the future.
The J House Greenwich Guest Services Team

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have stayed at J House three times now. Although we live only 30 min away in CT, find J House is the perfect place to stay the night when we're in the Greenwich area or NY. Cindy is fabulously accommodating at the front desk & always gets us our favorite quiet room! Can't wait for another excuse to stay-most fun bathroom ever & THE most comfortable bed-I couldn't resist pulling back the pillow cases & sheets to check out the brand names to replicate at home! But until then-will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
J House Greenwi... H, The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear gardenweasel,
Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to The J House Greenwich. We are thrilled you have chosen us to be your "home away from home" when traveling to the Greenwich area. It makes us smile to read how much you enjoyed our high-tech amenities and accommodations. Looking forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had dinner at Eleven 14 a couple of weeks ago with a friend. Everything was amazing..the food, the atmosphere, the staff... The manager Malen was especially kind and hospitable. We will be returning this weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear LisaMarie914,
Thank you for your review and choosing to eat at Eleven 14 Kitchen. We will share your praises with Malen, and (he/she) will be excited to hear them as well. Look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Were it not for the thin walls, I would have given this establishment an "exellent" rating.

Despite the ultra-modern decor, incredibly tech-savy room and to-die-for Japanese toilet, I would have prefered a more inviting "home away from home" environment with half the tech toys and better insulated walls. Warning: Request a room on the second floor facing the back of the building as far away from the restaurant as possible. The loud music from the restaurant/bar was extremely annoying as were the car doors slamming well after midnight.

An Apple Tablet at your bedside controls all functions of the room from window blinds to lights to room temperature. This is fine if you are tech-savy but could be an issue for those who are not. Also, I was not impressed by the t.v. within a mirror mechanism. Again, monies wasted when the walls were so thin.

My room (205), the public areas, the public restrooms and the Chocolate Lab were all meticulously maintained.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor and on the backside of the hotel to avoid noise from the parking...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear missri1986,
Thank you for your honest review. We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback about our amenities. We apologize if our modern decor did not exceed expectations, but we understand that every guest has different preferences. Also, we regret to learn if the noise caused any major inconvenience during your stay, but we do our absolute best to monitor this throughout the bar, restaurant and hotel. We hope to be of service to you again and thank you for choosing The J House Greenwich.
Be Well,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at J House, as our room was really comfortable, clean, and well appointed. We knew from other reviews to request a quiet room far from the bar, and we were given such a room. The staff was friendly and helpful, and breakfast at the restaurant was excellent. Our only disappointment was the fact that there was no encouragement to conserve water or energy (e.g., those cards we usually see at hotels which allow guests the option of reusing towels, delaying change of sheets, etc). Likewise, there seemed to be no recycling program for paper or plastic bottles. For a hotel that apparently wants to be on the cutting edge, this is a major oversight. Perhaps these are glaring omissions because we live on the West Coast. Nonetheless, J House should be in the vanguard of both technology and energy conservation.

Room Tip: If you're used to sleeping in a quiet room, make sure you request such when you make your reserv...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
J House Greenwi... H, Guest Services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear ekc33,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to read how wonderful your stay was at The J House Greenwich! We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our conservation efforts. Please note a few of our current Eco-Awareness efforts:
1) Public area floors are made from bamboo, a fast growing and sustainable product.
2) The dining room floor is made from reclaimed wood.
3) Roof shingles are made from recycled tires.
4) Drinking water is filtered and bottled on site – Saving on plastic.
5) All cardboard, bottles and cans are recycled.
6) Limited paper in guest rooms – menus and information located on in-room iPad.
Rest assured, your suggestions will be shared with our executive team members, and will consider for future. If your travels bring you back to Greenwich, it would be a pleasure to serve you again.
The J House Greenwich Guest Service Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to The J House Greenwich? Share your experiences!