The J House Greenwich
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshigh techbathroom mirrorboutique hotelheated toiletbar scenejapanese toiletoutdoor barparking lotcool hotelblackout shadeselectronic toiletcool technologycontinental breakfastmodern amenitiessmall hotelrestaurant staffnew york city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Be very careful! They had a DJ that cracked a beer bottle aimed towards the crowd. We requested a different song and he got very upset. Turned down the music and started yelling. Not sure what the confusion was but he was clearly not taking requests! JHouse, not good!! Thought you were a classy establishment!!

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Laur36
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Laur36,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience at The J House Greenwich. We had an unfortunate occurrence involving a guest and the DJ and, rest assured, we are doing everything we can to avoid this ever happening again in the future. Our General Manager, John Sheedy, would welcome the opportunity to explain the situation further, and express apologies over the phone. Please contact him via email at: jsheedy@jhousegreenwich.com or via phone at: 203-698-6990.

Be Well,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've stayed at The J House twice in the last two weeks. My experience was very similar in both cases: great food and attentive staff (Maurice you make the best coffee) and the rooms themselves are very comfortable, clean and modern.
My issue (and I've read a few of the reviews - so I know I'm not alone in this) is with the hotel's utter dependence on technology. You are unable to order room service without logging on to their system using the ipad next to your bed. All well and good until the system is down and prevents you from accessing the menu (or ordering for that matter). This was the case on both my visits.
But credit to the staff, each time they were prompt in bringing me my paper menu and my order (via phone) was fulfilled in a very reasonable amount of time.
One idea management could consider is a free (or nominal fee) shuttle service offered to business guests to Greenwich-based companies. Most other hotels in the area provide this service and it would cut down on wait time for taxis (and cost).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa L
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Lisa L.

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. We are delighted that you choose to return to the J House Greenwich, and as always appreciate your loyalty to us. Please allow us to apologize for iPad not functioning properly, but glad you were still able to order room service via phone. Your suggestions about the shuttle service will be shared with our Executive Committee, and we welcome the great suggestion. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel lobby and restaurant and lounge are great! The technology in the room is good but I still had to go old school and pick up the phone to order room service and also to request late check out. I am not sure the ipad makes much of a difference. The remote clicker for the main tv in the bedroom did not work that well but the tv inside the mirror in the bathroom was cool. The toilet was like I have never seen before and the shower was also great. You pretty much don't want to leave the bathroom.
The gym is tiny with 3 or 4 cardio machines and no weights and no mats. (No water or fruit either)

Room Tip: The rooms are nice but all pretty much look at a parking lot. I recommend staying on the 2nd floor if possible and on the other side of the lounge since it will be very noisey up to 2am (but fun!)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear J T,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed our modern lobby and eleven14 Kitchen restaurant and lounge. Even though you did not utilize the in-room iPad, we are glad this did not deter you from taking advantage of our room service menu. We are glad we impressed you with our high-tech guest room amenities. These features have become a hit among our guests. We apologize if the fitness center did not exceed expectations, but we will address your comments with our Executive Committee. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Be Well,

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with some colleagues while working on a programme nearby. It sticks in my mind as an outstanding hotel with some fond memories.

The room was very modern and so well equipped with cool technology and a great minimalist feel and good space. Excellent sized desk for working, big comfy bed. Great bathroom. Cool huge tv and one in bathroom mirror too!

I loved the swimming pool and the restaurant and bar were of the highest quality. The staff were always helpful and never intrusive, and the costs were very reasonable making this place very good value for money. I suspect it will become very popular quickly as a result and definitely recommend it over the competing Hilton and others.

While I like to think of myself as a discerning business travel, I'm just plain fussy and a little stingy with giving out top marks, but this stay earned them. Somewhere I fully recommend and would definitely like to return to. Nice work guys.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Business T
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Business T,

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your kind compliments. We are thrilled to hear that you found The J House to be outstanding and memorable. Our hip contemporary decor and high tech amenities are what makes us stand out in amongst our competitors. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to your next return.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

i was fortunate to stay at the J House on three separate occasions for business and each time it was a memorable event. Service excelent, the room, remarkable, particuliarly the unique Japanese toilet and the food, the best in Greenwich. I cannot wait for my next return visit.

Room Tip: I was fortunate to have suite two out of three times. Very impressive!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruce K
KokuaHospitality, Guests services at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Bruce K,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the new J House Greenwich hotel. It is such a delight to hear that each separate occasion was memorable for you. We pride ourselves on our service excellence, comfortable guest rooms and exquisite cuisine at the eleven14 restaurant. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again for a fourth stay!