“Great lunch.”

Elm Street Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Elm Street Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 159 Restaurants in Greenwich
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Greenwich Avenue
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a great meal at this restaurant for lunch. We were a party of 12 and everyone ordered something different. Every entree was perfectly cooked and had wonderful flavors and sauces. The waiter was friendly and recommended some wonderful dishes. The portions are large so bring a big appetite.

There are newer reviews for Elm Street Oyster House

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been going on a regular basis to this restaurant and I have not been disappointed. Considering myself as a connoisseur in seafood, the fish is always perfectly cooked, never over or under done. I enjoy their shellfish and oysters and their extensive menu. Obviously there is nothing served but seafood but I love it. I highly recommend this place in Greenwich. It is actually the only place in town I go to; I found most other places nothing special and over rated.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

There are a lot of nice restaurants to go to in this area. This is not one of them. Everything is just average.

1  Thank paul1009
Reviewed August 12, 2012

That was my first thought, when my wife suggested going to the Elm Street Oyster House. I don't like oysters, nor any shell fish, but the menu offers plenty of other choices. She had clams, I had traditional fish and chips. The service is quick - too quick, some might say; they had us in and out of there inside an hour! - but in truth we could have lingered if we wished. The greeting is a bit off hand, and it wouldn't have hurt the manager to break off from his drink at the bar to say goodbye, but the table servers were very attentive. The test of any restaurant is to ask yourself whether you would some again. Yes, definitely, is our answer.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Eat at the bar for fun, bring your family for special occasions, or bask in great service and food any time, as we have for five years. My husband and I rank the Oyster House as our favorite Connecticut restaurant and bring friends and visitng relatives there whenever we have the chance. Known for the freshest seafood, the Oyster House also provides a variety of salads and sides not always found on menus. The specials aren't leftovers, as they can be in some restaurants, they're creative takes on the best seafood of the day, with flavors from around the world. Shrimp, scallops, mahi-mahi, oysters and fish tacos are reliable standards always at their best here. Bartenders and wait staff are friendly AND efficient, a rare treat. Desserts are yummy and the non-alcoholic Beck beer is crisp and refreshing.