“A fun and tasty time!”

Boxcar Cantina
Ranked #15 of 158 Restaurants in Greenwich
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Original New Mexican cuisine using locally sourced and organic ingredients. Dine and drink fireside. Be sure to try the "Super Chief" margaritas made from 100% agave tequila and CT raised chicken tinga tacos. Boxcar Cantina is Connecticut's first certified green restaurant.
“A fun and tasty time!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

First, to the other reviewers: stop your whining! Families with small kids have been coming here for years. They keep the kids in one section away from everyone else. We just finished a wonderful meal and see all kinds of groups seated around us. We started with the chorizo con queso and tortilla soup. Both deserve five stars! We then had the pork burrito and four tacos. They deserve five stars as well! The sangria was awesome and the flan for dessert is one of the best desserts I ever had. Stick to the regular margarita, no need to pay for the Super. All of the ingredients are fresh and many are organic and local, hence the high prices. But overall, we had a great meal and will definitely be back to try other menu items!

• Visited May 2013

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Please check your bill before pay”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

1. Charging customers who pay such high price for food and drink for your chips and salsa is offensive. When I go with my children, there are five of us and we would like two chips and salsa and that now adds $8 onto my bill. I could stop the review right here because I consider this ill business decision nickel and diming your customers. I spent $175 for three kids and two adults and that was with only one alcohol drink. Do I really have to pay for chips ontop of this!? Shame on you nancy.

• Visited March 2013
“Greenwich, Mexico!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

What a comfortable place to go for an informal dinner. The food is excellent, and the service is right up there too.

Visited January 2013
Greenwich
“Expected better”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The other reviews on this restaurant we good enough to head over and try. We did....
When we arrived we were moved very quickly away from the bar area as we were told you have to be 21 to wait in there( we were with our 2 kids) so there really is no waiting area, we were waiting next to seated tables....finally sat down. Place is very loud, and the service was poor. My husband and I ordered margaritas and kids ordered lemonade.....waiter mixed these up and gave my 4 year old the margarita.....nice job...not !!
We ordered and food came in a timely manor, but not worth the presentation or the time we waited for the table. Appetizers were very expensive, 17$ a shot of patron silver, bottle retails for 49.99$. Amy's frozen organic Mexican is a better bet.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Avereage”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Decent mexican food outweighed by difficult parking and too many kids at cetain times.
If you can go at off hours, when lot is not crammed nor are the high chairs they food is good.

Visited October 2012