“Consistently Good Food”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grigg St
Description: The colors and flavors of the Mediterranean come to life at Mediterraneo, located on the exclusive Greenwich Avenue in the heart of Greenwich, Connecticut. Bathed in the soothing tones of sand and sea, the restaurant features an inviting outdoor terrace and a contemporary dining room where soft, undulating lines mirror ocean waves. This elegant nautical theme is carried over to the menu, which highlights fresh, succulent seafood as well as elevated Italian favorites
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A long time favorite Greenwich restaurant with good food, service and ambiance. The Amish chicken is always great, pizzas are good, bread and hummus are the best! It's always busy and there's a nice energy level without being loud.

1  Thank jeanne456

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I would suggest the tuna appetizer and the wood oven chicken is the best I have ever had. I did not know you could make chicken taste so good.
Great wine selection as well.
I will be back very soon.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed April 28, 2013

On this, one of our many visits to Mediterraneo, my wife and I deliberately made a reservation for early evening, when the restaurant is less crowded and there's still enough daylight (at this time of year) to appreciate both the clever nautical decor and the artful presentation of the food. My wife chose the crispy bronzino with cauliflower and brussels sprouts, which she found excellent as always. I ordered spaghetti with veal meatballs in a light tomato sauce and a side of grilled asparagus, also very nice. Our dessert, warm bread pudding with caramel sauce and whipped cream, wasn't as successful: the pudding proper was a large, dense cube, too heavy for rounding off a meal and a disappointment next to lighter, more custardy bread puddings of memory. Overall, though, it was a pleasant evening.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Enjoy the fish when they are having a good day. Not always consistent food. Good service and good location

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We enjoyed Mediterraneo. The service was friendly, food was very good and ambiance was enjoyable. My only issue was the price - we ate there because we received a gift certificate.