“Nice atmosphere good good”
Review of Char

Char
Reserve with OpenTable
Char is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 159 Restaurants in Greenwich
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“Nice atmosphere good good”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This place has a nice atmosphere with kind of like a barn floor but very cozy. The waiter was very friendly too. I had the octopus and the veal chop. Both were excellent. Great parking on the side of the building. My colleagues said the bar was great before I got there but I didn't see it.

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our favorite restaurants”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We are impressed! We love the atmosphere, food, drinks, and service. We had reservations and was seated on time. We were not at all rushed to leave. The place was full. It's a new restaurant and popular. So you do need to make a reservation. There is plenty of parking right next to the restaurant. There is a bar on the side of the restaurant but you don't know it's there if you do not walk that way. The pear salad is my favorite.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank activemom20
“Great!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The restaurant/lounge was beautiful, cozy, and inviting!! and the food and drinks were delicious! I would highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014
“Nice Evening Meal”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I had a nice meal at Char ... Both food and service was good. Food was fresh and had an eclectic element to menu that made it fun.

• Visited October 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were looking for a place for a Sunday lunch. My friend had mention she had been to this location when it was under a different name. She remembered it had a great fireplace. It was cold and a fireplace sounded good. Well, the entire place has been beautifully redone. As it was mid-afternoon, we were one of only two parties in the place. The service was attentive, the food very good and the atmosphere lovely. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited December 2013