“People rave about the place, but their vegan selection tastes bland”
Review of Meli-Melo

Meli-Melo
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Greenwich
Cuisines: French, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Everything else seems great, though. i was looking for healthier options and they have it. I would get something sweet. They also have a chocolate counter which is filled with yummy treats.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Meli-Melo is the place where the locals go. It serves up decent French fare, nice pastries and crepes and the best fresh fruit drinks around. I usually order a fresh vegetable drink, such as parsley, celery, tomato with a dash of lemon. The soups are usually pretty good. I buy the soups here because they are good and it's a lot easier than making it myself. The salads are just ok, I usually make my own at home. When I order crepes, I am very specific about what I want in them and how I want them made. The prices are good for the area. I kind of miss the cramped small store they used to have, but it's nice to have space.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been eating here for a long time and with the expansion the food and atmosphere are still delicious. I feel like I am in France. The selection of crepes, both sweet and savory is great and the soups are always tasty. Its an ideal place to meet a friend for breakfast or to take the children to lunch.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I ordered the 4 Season (vegetarian) crepe from Meli-Melo. The crepe lacked flavor and the bean sprouts completely overwhelmed the dish. Sprouts are fine for texture and as a small addition to a meal, but my entire meal seemed to be made of bean sprouts despite the dish also having ingredients of tomatoes, corn, and spinach. I felt like the restaurant ordered too many sprouts and decided to load my dish up with them to get rid of them. There was also no noticeable dressing on my meal. The mozzarella in the dish only served as a texture and did not have any creaminess to it. The meal was bland and not worth ordering again.

For dessert I ordered coconut sorbet which was okay but not phenomenal. On the service side, the people behind the counter are nice but appear as though they are overworked. I'm shocked by how many people are always in this restaurant. Meli-Melo's ice cream, drinks, and dessert crepes are probably good but I can't imagine paying such high prices for non-dinner items. $8.00 for 1 crepe filled with chocolate sauce and almonds is absurd.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is such an attractive place. We were there last year when in Greenwich and enjoyed it enough to come back this year. The soups and crepes are creative and delicious. The service is not the best. We waited a long time for our order to be taken and our food to arrive. Unfortunately, it was very crowded and extremely noisy on this visit. Several screaming children ruined the atmosphere. On the way out we had sorbet and pastry which amazing.