“Another Restaurant Going Through the Motions”

Harvest Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 159 Restaurants in Greenwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The decor is suitable and the service I received was acceptable. I would go back for their Falafel wrap it had the right texture and seasoning. The shaved brussels sprout salad was rich in flavor but lacked some air; it comes across as being too dense which could translate to soggy. My waiter recommended their fresh mint and cucumber juice drink. It was too watery and was missing another ingredient to balance the drink out. Their everything spice fries lacked creativity if they had been served hot and crisp I would not have noticed their dullness.

1  Thank Rombutan

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I live in Greenwich and have never had an experience as bad as the one we had at Harvest! The owner was so rude to us. He gave our table away while we waited for over 10 minutes at the bar for a glass of wine. We won't be back.

6  Thank Millbrookdad
Reviewed February 22, 2013

As I read through the items on the menu, they all sounded great, BUT.........the food itself was not good at all. I ordered the Mac and Cheese with Short Ribs - the meat tasted like pot roast that was reheated in the microwave. I picked out the meat and just ate the pasta (which was bland - I put salt and peper on every bite). We didn't even finish it. Also ordered the brussels sprout app. The risotto cake it came on was pretty tasteless, but the shaved sprouts were decent. We didnt finish this dish either. Such a shame because the space has so much potential. A friend of mine went here last week and had the same takeaway about the subpar food, but I wanted to try it for myself. Im glad I did so that I wouldnt be wondering, but I won't be back.

3  Thank jlk_gator
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a great meal on a busy Saturday night at Harvest. Gnocchi bolognese was excellent. Perfectly light, fluffy gnocchi & rich sauce. The lobster pot pie was exceptional, no skimping on the lobster.
That said, the service was erratic & even funny at times. Meals were being brought to the wrong tables all around us. We received some dirty silverware & there was general confusion among the wait staff. At the end of the meal, we ordered cappuccino and we are not sure what we got, but the waiter corrected the situation. In the end, the cappuccino was very good. Didn't try the desserts, the selection was uninspiring.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were very pleased with the prix fixe lunch menu. It was rather empty when we arrived at noon, but filled up pretty quickly. I had the shaved brussel sprout salad (amazing and unique) plus the butternut squash ravioli (sweet and delicious without being heavy). Friends had the salmon tartar, field greens salad and salmon with beans/kale. All were big hits. We refrained from dessert because we were all full from the great lunch. Highly recommend it for excellent food, great selections and a good value on the lunch.