“An oasis”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverside Avenue
Description: J House Restaurant. Offering seasonal and locally sourced farm to table American Cuisine in both bright and intimate indoor and outdoor garden patio settings.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was a quiet evening and we were among only several tables in the restaurant (am sure it is bustling on weekends). The room was extremely comfortable with lots of room between tables. Service was pleasant and professional and our waiter went the extra distance to be sure everything was to our liking. The food was carefully prepared and we were happy to have a civilized dining experience (i.e., we could hear each other!). Definitely worth a return visit.

There are newer reviews for JHouse Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to Eleven 14 Kitchen expecting a good breakfast. We left disappointed. We
originally ordered a breakfast pastry basket to start. They took twenty minutes and then told us that there were no pastries left, and they did not seem to care. Throughout the whole meal, we received bad service. It took us 40 minutes to get pancakes and considering how empty the restaurants, we are not sure what happened in the kitchen. This, of course, wouldn't have mattered if our food was tasty, but it was not. It was a very disappointing experience and I will not be coming back.

2  Thank Mark S
Jonathan W, General Manager at JHouse Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Mark S,

Many kind thanks for sharing your comments regarding your recent experience at eleven14Kitchen. Clearly, your breakfast experience was miserable at best; and for that I am truly sorry. While wholly unacceptable to find out so late that any item is no longer available, there can be no excuse for thoughtless or uncaring service. Although I have only recently joined the property, it gives me no great pleasure to say that I fully agree with you that our breakfast service to date has been poor, and nowhere near our own expectations. As a result, we will be completely overhauling the service and our standards for breakfast immediately.

While this may come as cold comfort to you at this point, I would however invite you to return at some point in the future, to allow us another opportunity to redeem and delight you and your guests. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience so that I can make any arrangements.

Best,

Jonathan Wise

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was good and the drinks stiff. Everything we ordered was delicious. The problem is that the place can't seem to decide what it wants to be. The menu is pricey and some of the portions were small. The selection of liquor at the bar was surprisingly limited given its reputation as a popular spot with the Greenwich singles crowd. Our waiter was great, but he seemed to be responsible for most of the dining room. The servers supporting him seemed confused and had to ask who ordered which dish each time they brought out food. Not what you expect with $30 entrees.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

You will get what you pay for at this incredibly chic establishment. The food, wine, and ambiance are fantastic - I have absolutely zero complaints. The lounge is also great for people watching! My husband and I go all the time. The prices are high, but comparable with what you would pay in Manhattan.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The décor is great, sleek and crisp. The food and service were beyond bad the day we were there. Long delays on the basics, mistakes in the orders, and food not matching the menu description, made for a very bad first impression. The worst part was there was no manager available to talk to.

3  Thank Travelwestport