“Incredible food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Greenwich avenue
Description: TOSCANA WAS VOTED "BEST ITALIAN' RESTAURANT IN GREENWICH BY MOFFLY MEDIA'S BEST OF THE GOLD COAST.
Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've been to Toscana a few times now, and wanted to make sure everyone knew what a great place this is to eat. Off the drag and overpriced spots on Greenwich Ave, this place is a true find. Great food, even better service, and reasonable prices are exactly what you'll find here.

However food is only part of it, the service each time we have come here has been fantastic. From the servers, to even the manager who would come by to make sure we were happy, and chat us up...everything about the experience was fantastic.

My only complaint is that I can't come here every night!

Food wise, my fiance and I have tried a few of the pizzas (which are all amazing), but I'd have to give the top spot to the "Spaghetti della Mamma". Ever hear someone say "KISS". Keep It Simple Stupid. You can't get much simpler than Spaghetti and homemade meatballs....and these guys knock this out of the park.

1 Thank CP2424

Greenwich, Connecticut
“A magical table off of Greenwich Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

When you step in the door of Toscana you are immediately transported into another world, far away from Greenwich. The care that has been taken to create a warm and beautiful environment is evident from every angle...the lighting, the color palette, etc...

However, this is not a decorating review, it is a restaurant review. Simply put, my wife and I love this restaurant. In the past month, we celebrated our wedding anniversary and my birthday here; it is our "special place". Over the past year, we have seen the quality and the presentation improve...all those negative reviews from 2011 are in the distant past (but I must say we never experienced anything even close to what they said) to the point where we can say that when we and all the friends and family we have brought there over the past year have finished our meal there is absolutely nothing left on our plates.

The food is consistently well prepared and presented. The service is attentive without being cloying and we love the fact that we can actually sit at a table and have a conversation with the people sitting across the table from us without having to resort to lip reading.

When we walk in and are greeted by Paul, the owner, we feel as though we have been invited into a friend's home where we can eat, drink and relax. There is no higher compliment we can give.

3 Thank bopa247
Connecticut
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The outside of the restaurant looked dingy, and inside the door the floor needed sweeping - leaves, etc. on the floor. A food case at the front was sparce and unattractive. Did not leave us with good expectations. The restaurant is decorated in Venetian style, quite extravagant, but is this a restaurant or a sports bar? The bar at the back of the room had a large TV set which over-powered the atmosphere. The music which was playing was not pleasant either. Now -- getting to the food. I had steak with broccoli rabe. The broccoli was dry and very bitter, no seasonings of any kind were evident. Steak was average. Flourless chocolate cake was hard and cold. Would have been better had it been warmed a bit. Were we there on an "off" night? Perhaps the pasta would have been better. We were drawn in by the excellent reviews but we would not return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank yavapai
Greenwich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TOSCANA RESTAURANT, GR.CT-SUPERB DINING EXPERIENCE--NOT TO BE MISSED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been a resident of Greenwich, CT. for 67 yrs. and a "citizen of the world", so to speak, as far as fine dining is concerned; and I must say, with pride, being of Italian heritage, that TOSCANA Restaurant is one of the very finest dining experiences, in every way, one can imagine--ambiance,lovely, romantic, but suited for business luncheons/dinners as well as special occasions,-- all.The very finest service, excellent, no rushing--my partner and I were there for hours. Extremely unique and selective menu; exquisite food, delightful--not one thing missed in flavor, quality, or presentation, and very different from the ordinary--a delight for even the most educated palate! All in all,one must visit this extraordinary restaurant and be transported to another time and place, for a wonderful and unforgettable dining experience any afternoon or evening! I I know I shall return over and over again, "Thank you all at "TOSCANA", for making my "yesterday" so enjoyable". See you again, "tomorrow and tomorrow!" Beatrice Lomiento

1 Thank Beatrice L
Purchase, New York
“Good Italian off the main drag in Greenwich!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good Italian food with an extensive menu and the food was excellent. The noise level was a bit much for us and the place is cavernous but we loved the range of offerings on the menu and wine list. Everything we ate was delicious and you cannot go wrong with good Italian food. Service was very good and attentive as well.

Visited June 2012