“blown away by incredible service, amazing food and great rooms”

Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I spent just under a week at the Delamar in a Harborview suite with an adjoining room - perfect setup for a family. The service was amazing (as good or better than places like Peninsula, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental). Allison at the front desk was a standout and we plan to send the GM a note commending her. Our kids were treated like princesses and my wife and I could not have been happier with the hotel. The food was absolutely phenomenal as well - maybe the best room service dinner I've ever had - certainly the best that I can remember. Little extras like cookies being sent up for the kids, complimentary champagne sent on New Year's Eve make this place stand out. I would give more stars if I could.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your amazing review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. Our goal is to provide genuinely warm hospitality to all our guests and your recognition of the staff is very rewarding. I will congratulate them all (including Allison) for their hard efforts. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I enjoyed every minute of it From the friendly atmosphere to the super clean and comfy rooms.
I had a Harbor View which was amazing although a bit on the pricey side but it was worth it.
The hotel was really quiet, no noise at all so it was really relaxing for me and was exactly what I was looking for.
Will definitely visit them again and would recommend to all my friends to check them out.

Room Tip: Harbor View is beautiful
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed every minute of your recent stay at Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We pride ourselves on being a great destination only 40 minutes from NYC and yet you feel like you are a world away. Perfect for relaxing after the holidays! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a quick quiet getaway for NYE and were lucky to come across Delamar at the last minute through our hotels.com search. We stayed on the fourth floor, which is considered their concierge floor and has the added bonus of a small kitchen area at the end of the hallway which is constantly stocked with snacks, coffee, and tea. In the morning they had fruit salad, salmon, bagels, croissants, and other breakfast items available. The room itself is a great size and very clean. The bed is one of the more comfortable hotel beds that I've slept in. The staff were very polite and helpful and filled our every request, even delivering an ice pack to our room for my boyfriend's sore foot on New Year's morning. The robes are plush and warm and there was a good amount of toiletries in the bathroom. For anyone interested the blow dryer was great.

We didn't eat at the hotel or take advantage of the spa. The hotel is within driving distance (10 minutes or less) to some great restaurants. I recommend Barcelona Wine Bar and Restaurant if you're looking to go out.

Would definitely consider Delamar again if we needed another quick getaway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the NYE celebrations at Delamar and I will congratulate the staff for their attention to the details - often it is the small gestures that make a difference and it's very rewarding to hear your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I treated ourselves to a Rejuvination package for Xmas. We arrived early and had a 2 hour couples massage and a nice free glass of champagne. Then we walked up and down beautiful Greenwich ave and did some shopping. Upon return, we found bottles of wine and cheese and crackers available for free on our floor. When we got to dinner we sat fireside and had a delicious meal. Back on our floor we found candy treats set out for us once again. In the am we had breakfast in bed ($40 included in package!) and an automatic late checkout. What a great spot. We booked a weekend in March for my parents for their anniversary. The staff was class A!

Room Tip: Choose the 4th floor! Its an extra $50 but you make it back in free wine and food! Harbour side fo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at Delamar! We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our wonderful amenities, from the indulgence of our Executive Floor rooms to our world renowned spa. Often booking packages like our Rejuvenation Package can be the best way to enjoy the complete Delamar experience and we are thrilled you found us....and so close to NYC!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at the Delamar in Dec 2013 during a business trip.

The hotel is located just a short walk off town centre, so it's a quiet environment.

The overall hotel accommodation is welcoming. I found the rooms very comfortable and the vintage decor was gave a homely feel after coming back from a day of meetings. The hotel takes a lot of pride in its simple complementary continental breakfast, which provides a great start to the morning.

The service provided by the staff was great. They were able to courteous and exceeded my expectations without being intrusive.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We pride ourselves on being a great destination for both business and leisure travelers alike and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is on the water and very quaint. My favorite part of the entire stay is the amenities. Coffee and pastries in the morning, wine and cheese in the late afternoon, and m&m's and cookies in the evening.
Thank you for taking the time to add this customer service. It sets your hotel apart from all of the others.
Hotel is walking distance to world class shopping.
Fantastic restaurant in the hotel as well.
Romantic and charming boutique hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SeaCaroline
Delamar1, General Manager at Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel itself is elegant and feels very classy. We appreciated all of the complimentary amenities, especially Wifi. Our room was small but well appointed, and the staff was courteous if not overly friendly or welcoming. We did think that the hotel is "cheap", we would have appreciated more than two towels in the bathroom and our room had no view, despite the hotel's being fairly empty. Additionally, the breakfast and wine and cheese seemed quite paltry. Overall a good stay, not sure if we would return because there is not much to do in the area. A pool would have been appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your nice review of Delamar Greenwich Harbor. While I am glad you enjoyed your visit, I sense we could have done a better job at exceeding your expectations. We are always looking at how to improve our hotel and services and I will share your constructive feedback with management in an effort to further improve and enhance the guest experience. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Best regards,
Daniel Coggins

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
The J House Greenwich
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#3 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!