“Fun with friends”

Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Urbane, sophisticated and lively, Barcelona Greenwich is chic fun and delicious food. Opened in 2001, Barcelona Greenwich has been featured on ABC News as one of the New York area's "hot spots," and in Connecticut Magazine as a three-star dining experience. Polished service from engaging servers in the evening gives way to a lively bar scene in the late hours. Barcelona Greenwich has a 60-seat party room accented by high ceilings for your catered event, and a newly renovated bar and dining room.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a great place to meet with friends. We enjoyed passing around the small plates and sampling such a variety of beautifully presented items.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been here several times, and every time the meal was fantastic. I live tapas, but there are normal sized entrees On the menu for hungrier folks. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant even offers cooking classes on occasion.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This was one of those dinners that came together on short notice. A party of 10 that included 3 couples and 4 teenagers.

As often happens with a large table, there are lots of side conversations and it can be a challenge to get everybody to focus.

Thankfully, one of the dads offered to order some tapas to get things going while we settled in. Meatballs, Brussel Sprouts, chorizo, steak, shrimp. All were spectacular. We ordered a bottle of Malbec from the extensive and inexpensive wine list.

After this round, and another bottle of wine and a couple of cocktails for the non- wine drinkers, we had room for another few small plates and the delicious bread.

The whole thing came to roughly $28 per person, and I think we left a little food behind. Great value for the quality, because of the way we ordered.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was recently traveling southbound from Yale University to the Philadelphia area with 2 other track & field Moms when we decided to treat ourselves to a great meal after eating wraps and college-town food for 2 days. My friend found Barcelona on TripAdvisor and we called to see if they would be able to seat us in spite of the fact that we were wearing track and yoga pants and sneakers. The hostess (owner?) couldn't have been more gracious and welcomed us warmly. Our waitress pulled up a chair when she heard about our journey and sat with us at the table to go over the menu in depth. We asked detailed questions about several dishes and she knew the components of each entry. As a group we ordered the duck meatballs (a MUST!), chickpea and spinach cazuela, fig & chorizo (yum!), swordfish (I'm not a fan but my friends enjoyed it), tetilla cheese (outstanding for me), crispy brussel sprouts (SPICY!!!), kale salad, flatbread with goat cheese and arugula (a favorite) and the best dish on the table, the pan fried cheese over sautéed onions. Wow. Great food, lovely people. A winner!

1  Thank MomofBandG
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We were three couples on NYE and wanted to do something low key but fun! Dinner at Barcelona was perfect. We had a nice table in the back room and ordered food as needed. Tapas is one of my favorite ways to eat so we come to this restaurant often. They let me order for the group:)

For 6 people (one who didn't drink) the bill was very reasonable (at $50 a person!). We didn't do one of the main dishes but I was ready to order one if people were still hungry after the 3 sets of ordering.

I love that the menu always changes and that the staff are always friendly! This is a great place to enjoy a fun small plates meal and people always have the option of getting a larger dish of paella or assorted meats.