“Great Pub”
Review of The Ginger Man

The Ginger Man
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ginger Man is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 159 Restaurants in Greenwich
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Amogerone Way
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great food, good all around pub. In the winter they have a fireplace on the first floor. Service and food were very good. Good beer choices - overall excellent value - be back for sure.

There are newer reviews for The Ginger Man

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nice upscale restaurant and bar with an ok selection of brews. A very cool place with a lively crowd. There is a quieter, more formal area upstairs. It is a little pricey with beers being anywhere from $7 to $35. Food was pricey as well, but good.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I frequent the G-Man for drinks as I live near it on Greenwich Avenue and have been going here off and on for about 10 years. I really like the bartenders, primarily Sal and Pablo, and I often run into friends and others when I am out.
The menu is fairly large but they do make small changes fairly often and I have found many items l like alot, including their burger with carmelized onions. I like how they serve it on an English Muffin so you aren't eating a mouthful of bread with each bite.
I recently had a penang shrimp curry dish served with bok choy and jasmine rice which was excellent and really hit the spot as it was a cold night and I was hungry.
If you are a beer drinker, definitely stop in as they have a huge beer menu....and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We ate here the Sunday following Thanksgiving for lunch and sat in the cozy downstairs room with a fireplace. My husband had a delicious salad and I had what were labelled short rib sliders. My sliders were OK - they seemed more like brisket than short ribs, but were OK. Service for our late lunch was pretty inattentive, but we were not rushed so it was OK. The atmosphere was pleasant and we enjoyed ourselves, but I might avoid the short rib sliders as they have a big menu. Lots of beers on tap.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Each year I visit my brother in Greenwich Ct. a few times but always over Thanksgiving weekend. It has become a yearly tradition for us to stop for lunch at the Ginger Man on the Friday after thanksgiving for a delicious lunch and a few excellent beers. It is the perfect place to stop on a cold fall/winter afternoon while our wives shop up and down Greenwich Avenue. That being said, my wife loves it too. She is often torn between shopping and staying with me to have another beer. The beer choices are very good for the area and the food is excellent. There are approximately 20-25 rotating drafts on tap and each time I visit I seem to find one I end up drinking the rest of the winter. The warm inviting atmosphere and excellent service brings it all together.

Feel comfortable bringing small children here as well as it is certainly not stuffy and the staff will gladly accommodate all ages. The pulled pork sandwich and butternut squash soups are two of my favorites. Can't wait to stop back in a couple of weeks!