“Whoever thought up blood orange chocolate chip is a genius!”

Grassroots Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Granby
Description: We know our ice cream shop is different from what most people are used to. We are an artisan ice cream shop. We experiment constantly with countless flavors always tweaking and improving. We use natural extracts, and real food to flavor our ice cream. We scoop 36 flavors at any one time and when one box runs out we put in another flavor. So some of our flavors may change 3 or 4 times a day! We love that. We never want to become the typical ice cream shop that scoops the exact same 15 flavors every day. Change is what we love and change makes us who we are...Grassroots Ice cream for the people.
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My kids and I like to get the kiddie cup. It's a perfect scoop for a treat! They also offer pints to take home.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Grassroots was absolutely packed when we drove up. (Please note that there isn't an abundance of parking either). We didn't have to wait in line long before we were helped. My boyfriend ordered two scoops (one rum brownie, one peanut butter chocolate) and I had the double oreo. My ice cream was outstanding. It was one of the richest and delicious ice creams I have ever eaten and I'm from New England - I'm surrounded by excellent ice cream options. My boyfriend liked his, but it might have been the mixture of flavors that didn't "WOW" him. I, however, am looking forward to my next trip back to Grassroots. And I'll skip dinner so I can indulge in three scoops!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 5, 2017

Took my son here after reading about this ice cream shop in Yankee magazine. Have driven by several times but had never stopped. Boy, that was a big mistake. They had some of the most original flavors of ice cream I have ever seen, heard or, or tasted! I ended up trying 3 different flavors and purchased a waffle cone of Deep Dark Coffee, and it was rich and NOT too sweet. My son had an Oreo sundae that was Oreo ice cream with crushed oreos on it, and he said it was the best Oreo sundae he's ever had (and he has tried quite a few!) I purchased a hand packed pint of Bergamot for my husband. It was flavored like Earl Grey tea. Other offerings they had there included Mango, Coconut, Pineapple Coconut, Turtle, Salted Caramel, Green Tea, and a berry flavor that had Goat Cheese in in. Not exactly what you find at your local Cold Stone...very refreshing! I will be going back soon to see what new flavors are being offered. I was told that they change OFTEN, so if you see something you want to try, get it then, because it might be gone when you go back!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Well, we went back tonight again--this time I had a German Chocolate Cake kiddie cup (which is one very large scoop) and my husband had the scoop and a half. He chose Caramelized Pear and Cashew Coconut Caramel. Both were simply delicious.
This is a happy place: everyone who works at Grass Roots is friendly and seems to be proud to work there. The ingredients are the best and you know that instantly when you taste the ice cream. It's a bit of a drive for us but so worth it!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017

You can always expect a line of eager ice cream lovers at Grassroots! There is always a new flavor to try. Voted by Yankee Magazine as one of the best ice cream shops in the state is enough reason to head out to Granby center. The shop is conveniently located right next to our town green. Enjoy.

Date of visit: April 2017