“Decent food - very dissapointing service!”
Review of Rancho Viejo

Rancho Viejo
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: Mexican
Hartford, Connecticut
“Decent food - very dissapointing service!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have come to this place fairly regularly for lunch when I was working in the area. The food is pretty good (for the area) and fairly reasonable in price. Unfortunately, a recent incident has left me with a negative impression that will cost this restaurant a customer. The head waiter accidentally spilled a beer on my table and partially on me as well...he was appologetic and I kindly assured him it was OK and I understood it was an accident...but then came the clincher; he charged me for it!! The beer he spilled on me was on my bill!! Goodbye! Never again! I will be officially boycotting this restaurant for their total insult to this repeat customer (one who has also tipped generously in the past). In fact I may just pop in every now and again to remind them of all the future sales they have lost as I turn around and walk out the door to go spend my money with the competition!

West Suffield
“Best Mexican Round!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have gone to this restaurant for many years. The food is delicious and fresh and the staff couldn't be more pleasant and attentive! I usually order the Fajita salad and it is the best I ever had. The complimentary chips and salsa is flavorful. In fact I have several occassions just stopped in to order just the chips and salsa to go!

"See you tomorrow!"

CT
“So so”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently went with a groupon. The sangria and beer portions were plentiful and good. The service was extremely slow but friendly. My rice and bean burrito was more rice than beans which was very disappointing. My husband's fajitas were good though.

Connecticut
“Always good”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times. Service is efficient and friendly. Food is well prepared and they try to accommodate special requests.

Visited October 2013
western massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great low key Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Day of the dead margarita is yummy and tastes of fresh lime juice. Hot taco chips with salsa are immediately served. I enjoyed a fajita quesadilla, all the taste without the effort and was accompanied by guac and pico de gallo. Good reasonable choice for a night out.
Pleasant wait staff.