“Why did we wait so long to go?”

Cambridge House Brew Pub
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Cambridge House Brew Pub serves award winning beers hand crafted on site. Pair these Real Beers with our hand crafted Real Food in our comfortable family friendly pub setting and you are sure to have a unique dining experience.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We didn't know what we were missing. We already have plans to go back with friends. It's great for couples, families, get togethers, or just because you're hungry. I am a vegetarian and usually have to settle between one or two choices but there were so many choices that I actually had a hard time deciding. My husband had chicken with artichoke and tomatoes over pasta and he said it was excellent. I had pasta primavera and it was also very good and very fresh.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Good burgers and pub fare.
As a brew pub, though, they lack something. Like good beer. Almost all their beers are IPAs, and have a very yeasty taste, like most American microbrews, alas.
The TV in the bar also tends to be on way too loud - there are sports pubs around that cater to that clientele. At a pub, you want to go to talk, which is near impossible the next room over when the bartender sees a favourite team.
The outdoor patio is nice, when it's open, and not filled with screaming kids. It's not a children's restaurant. (Hint: The word "pub" should give a clue)

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I used t go there and have lunch, almost every day, it was OK , nothing special.
But then after the owner told me they have gluten free pasta and bread, I decided to go there for dinner with my son, who can not have Dairy or wheat.
We asked if he could have gluten free pasta and grilled shrimp with olive oil and garlic. ( How easy is that to make).
After waiting a half an hour, here comes his gluten free pasta with non gluten free breaded shrimp. How dumb is that?
So, we send it back. I get him a salad until they remake his meal.
In the mean time I get my meal and have to wait another 45 minutes for his meal.
Long story made short.
He finally gets his meal and says it taste like butter is on the shrimp (NO DAIRY I SAID)
So now he is afraid to eat it.
Then they charged me for the whole meal. I called the owner over and finally he deducts my sons meal.
Tells us to come bake another time and he will make sure it does not happen again.
The next day we go back and order a really easy thing to make.
A hamburger on a gluten free bun. He says sorry no gluten free buns, after he told me the day before the had them. OK a hamburger NO BUN, a vegetable with NO BUTTER, an onion slice and lettuce, and french fries.
He gets a hamburger on a wheat bun, no lettuce no onion, no french fries.

They charge me for everything with all of there mistakes.
My son eats the hamburger with out the bun, but still has a allergic reaction because
some of the bun was probably still stuck to the hamburger. I should sue them.

This place is good for nothing. I would give it zero stars if I could.
They should just serve beer to the locals and nothing else.
Don't go there unless you want to be dissatisfied.

5  Thank John S
Reviewed January 18, 2012

It's a hopping place, but is noisy and crowded. The food is what you'd expect in a bar setting. The music is often very enjoyable.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stopped here after arriving at airport. Beers were good. Habanero burger was meek and mild despite additional request for spice. Definitely we will return to sample more beer and try more food though.

Been to Cambridge House Brew Pub? Share your experiences!