1. Hurried service, very quick if you want your food fast, but too fast to let us have relaxing lunch experience, despite being the only guests in the restaurant, felt like "eat and go" lunch, short stern responses from the waitress, probably not a very good first time experience
2. No water or rolls offered with/before lunch, had to ask for the bread to go with the salad, soda had lots of large ice cubes and very little soda
3.The salad was offfered on the lunch menu specials page, but the waitress referred to it as an appetizer, we found out why when the food came-the portion size was rather as an appetizer, not a full lunch, so regarding the other porion sizes we were rather disappointed that it was not noted on the menu that it is a dinner appetizer served for lunch
4. Delicious portobello mushroom salad with feta cheese and very tasty dressing- kudos to the chef
5. Dark dining room, not as bright as the dinner photo pictures might have suggested
6. Agreed with some other reviews that the decor is outdated
7. No music, no distractions, just the birds chirping on the tree behind the restaurant. For people who value peace, if they are not punding veal that is :)
8. With the back door opened, a draft was created, and we did not like that, b/c it was rather chilly wind outside.
Overall, maybe want to visit for a dinner or try something more substantial, whatever the other people suggested in their reviews, or treat it as a good healthy way to stay in shape and get some quick lunch not in a very crowded place. Delicious food for the money and Glastonbury location. If you are unsure what to get, go for a safe food like chicken or fish or fries, we tried salads and they were great but smaller than the competition and without the 'extras' offered at the bigger restaurants.
I would recommend this restaurant to a friend for the quality of food.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.