“Worth the experience”

J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Hartford, Connecticut
“Worth the experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hi so I had previously gone to J Gilbert's years ago. I decided to go back for a birthday dinner. I have to say it was the best meal I have had in years. Everything was delicious from start to finish. From the veggies to the mashed potatoes to the salmon that I had. The dessert oh my gosh just melted in my mouth. I had the cheesecake. It tasted like it was whipped into perfection.
The salmon was juicy throughout and cooked to utter perfection. I could go on and on but it it just makng me hungry for more of the food there.
The wait staff was great and friendly. They were helpful in making selections between items. I would highly highly recommend this place again. 20 thumbs up.

• Visited October 2013

Wellington, Florida
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

First time eating here - date night / no kids - wanted somewhere classy yet casual atmosphere - did not disappoint - started in bar waiting for table with excellent selection of cocktails / wine / beer...seated earlier than anticipated and very impressed with menu - appetizers were creative and well portioned - shrimp cocktail and calamari were best I've had in this Area...steaks were cooked to perfection and excellent choice of sides to choose with entrees...highly recommend if looking for a upscale restaruant - with a business casual atmosphere - service was excellent and our waiter Bill was knowledgeable / friendly and treated us very well

• Visited September 2013
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wonderful steaks, good service, not cheap but fair prices (much cheaper than Morton's or Ruth's Chris)

Visited September 2013
Enfield, CT
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

MY wife and I dined at J Gilbert's last week on the recommendadtion of a friend. We both enjoyed the experience. My Kansas City strip was well-prepared and very flavorful, and my wife's salmon was also very good. The salads, sides and desserts were also quite good. The service was excellent (thanks Lisa!) and prices were very reasonable. Altogether an very good value.

• Visited September 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“Best Salmon Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I went to J. Gilberts for the first time in July and was not disappointed! I had a coupon for a free appetizer and my family ordered the jumbo lump crab cakes which were very delicious. They were each a decent size and we were able to split them between three people. I ordered the maple plank roasted salmon and it was the best salmon I have ever had. I asked the waiter to cook the salmon on the well done side and it was amazing! The yukon mashed potatotes were good as well, but I was too full for the green beans. My family also got a slice of carrot cake to go. The slice was huge so it was easy to split it between three people.

• Visited July 2013