“Great food; can do gluten free”

J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We live in the area and come here periodically (a few times a year). Great steaks and service. They can do gluten free correctly. I come with "family" but we don't have any little kids, we're all in the adult range now!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I haven't had anything to complain about except the sister-in-law who talks to much about herself. So far, it's been the best place in the Hartford area, bar none. Take your wallet and thank yourself for the $140 bucks you just sent spoiling yourselves.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Food was excellent, service top class, portions plenty big and the steaks were awesome. Really really enjoyed this place, travel to Glastonbury a bit and definitely going to eat here again, not to be missed.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

J.Gilbert is a staple here in Glastonbury. Always a good meal and good service. A little pricey but always leave happy. If your here in town and want a good steak, this is it.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My first visit.Best steak I've had in CT. I usually don't order steak in restaurants because I'm almost always disappointed. But since they are known for their steaks, I chose the Cowboy ribeye and it was cooked and seasoned to perfection.I appreciated that no steak sauce was offered and none on the tables. Great atmosphere, classy not snobby.Now I know if I want a steak in Central Ct then I'm only going to go to J. Gilberts. I am finally done with being disappointed with CT steakhouses.Why mess with the rest when you've had the best!

1  Thank Pegasus612