“We eat here often.”

J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Blue potato chips & chocolate velvet cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy dinner for two or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner seven days a week, beginning at 4pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

J.Gilbert is a staple here in Glastonbury. Always a good meal and good service. A little pricey but always leave happy. If your here in town and want a good steak, this is it.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My first visit.Best steak I've had in CT. I usually don't order steak in restaurants because I'm almost always disappointed. But since they are known for their steaks, I chose the Cowboy ribeye and it was cooked and seasoned to perfection.I appreciated that no steak sauce was offered and none on the tables. Great atmosphere, classy not snobby.Now I know if I want a steak in Central Ct then I'm only going to go to J. Gilberts. I am finally done with being disappointed with CT steakhouses.Why mess with the rest when you've had the best!

1  Thank Pegasus612
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have been here on a Friday evening and there was a decent crowd. While this amounts for a lively evening, the service was slow as the waiters had to shuffle multiple tables. For starters, we got crabcakes and the waiter has brought us a serving of sourdough bread with Pastrami and regular butter. The sourdough was true to its roots, but very palatable with butter. The crabcakes were tasty and were even better with the creole aioli. The nights special was Haddock and we split it along with a Wagyu burger for myself. Haddock was nice, but I was disappointed with the burger. It wasn't exactly juicy and tasted good only where the sauce hit the mouth. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt, but for first impressions, I didn't get the out of world experience which I was expecting

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was our second time to this restaurant. We went with another couple and had a wonderful time. I had the halibut, and the rest of the table had steak. Everyone was very happy with their meals. Our server, Jacob, was very knowledgeable about the menu. He was able to thoroughly answer all of our questions. The atmosphere is pleasant and comfortable. I do recommend reservations.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have been to J. Gilberts a few times now and we have consistently had a wonderful meal. This past Saturday night we were not able to get a reservation in the dining room, but they did have availability in the bar area. The area surrounding the bar has booth seating. It was great!! The atmosphere was great. The service amazing! It is a little pricey... but well worth it. Our meal was incredible. I had the haddock which was the special and my husband had the filet. Both meals were excellent. We also had the crab cakes as an appetizer which were baked and just melted in your mouth. Great ambiance and wonderful meal...