“Rock Solid - Great Food - Great Service - Top Shelf”
Review of Max Amore

Max Amore
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Amore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Glastonbury Blvd
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The service was impeccable, professional, and personable. The selection on the menu combined with the specials make the epicurean selection top shelf. The olives appiteasers were a nice selection, the bread was so fresh, and the Caesar salad was lovely with a light dressing that was quite tasty. Add the fresh pepper and the fresh grated cheese and wow! The pasta was done just right, the sauce was so flavorful, it was heavenly. Nice size portion, just enough! The tiramisu dessert was massive -be sure to share it lest you will eat it all yourself!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

After over 10 years of being one of my Top 5 favorite restaurants in Hartford County, Max Amore continues to impress. I had my wedding shower here 10 years ago and I still just love the staff and food here! My husband and I went to dinner on July 12th with another couple and sat on the patio. It was wonderful. Our waiter was great BUT we think he may not have put in our appetizer order. We were so busy talking, we hadn't noticed and over comes the manager to bring us all a free cocktail (which was amazing) because she was so sorry for the wait. She said she noticed we were all drinking, so that is why the free drinks. We love the atmosphere on the patio. Our food was outstanding. I had the filet with lobster and I have to say it was one of the best filets I ever had and trust me, I am VERY picky about filets. The mussells were a little on the large side (I prefer them smaller) but they were very tender and sweet. Overall, great meal and thanks to the management for watching out for their patrons!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have dined here many times in the last 2 years when working in the area. Good food and cocktails, attentive service and the prices are reasonable as compared to most cities. Lunch is usually fairly quick, but can take longer if crowded. The food is very good, if not great and the menu is fairly varied with several pasta and entree options. There are usually daily specials which are worth a try.

1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Max Amore is a very large restaurant, but not overwhelming. Service is excellent, and the menu offers traditional Italian entrees along with plenty of American alternatives. The atmosphere is friendly and warm. For private parties there is a nice separate room that seats twenty or so comfortably, and the restaurant provides wait staff dedicated to the private party.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Found this restaurant on Opentable but have had prior experience eating at Max restaurants. Clean, attentive staff, fresh ingredients and good food. Had a daily special salad which was really good. Then had the Veal Milanese. Solid entree for a staple Italian menu item. Very tender and tasty veal cutlets were used. I can't wait to return with my wife.