“Nice place for lunch”
Review of Pond House Grille - CLOSED

Pond House Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pond House Grille is a new pulse in the dining scene in Glastonbury. The New American Eclectic cuisine will delight your culinary senses. The focus is on fresh ingredients inspired from cuisines reaching the far corners of the globe. Although the food is the star of the show, we aim to provide you with a completely enjoyable experience from start to finish. Enjoy the culinary delights with a bottle of wine off of our carefully selected wine list or a trendy drink from the bar. All the while sitting comfortably in our dining room which is as eclectic and stylish as the food. Our porch will invite you to enjoy the beautiful weather with outside dining. Knowledgeable and attentive service will culminate this meal into one not soon forgotten.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I like the Pond House Grille. I don't love it, but I like it. Atmosphere is very cool, with tall ceiling and artistic touches. The semi-outdoor seating is a nice touch. Food is basically the same as Pond House in West Hartford, which I love. Why love one and not the other? Not sure. Last time out I had the scallops, which were tender and delicious.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had the Crab Avocado Salad for lunch at a cost of$13.85 earlier this week. The menu said the salad included "avocados with jumbo lump crab meat." It reality, it had about a half-teaspoon of tiny flecks of crab meat. Very sad offering for almost $14.00. In fairness, the service, the clam chowder, and the coffee were quite good.

1  Thank Al P
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very disappointing experience. The food was more like a chain than a high end restaurant. I had the crab and avocado salad and I couldn't even find the crab. Our server tried to make things better, but she almost seemed apologetic about the limitations of the restaurant. Way over priced!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have never had to pay for an entire meal upon making reservations with the tax and tip included. There was no complimentary mimosa or Bloody Mary to ease this overpriced meal. Everything but the omelet station tasted as if it were cooked yesterday . Dry and reheated. The staff was very pleasant . I will not return.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

A few nights ago a coworker and myself decided we needed a good dinner and time to unwind. I had never been to pond house grille but she raved about the restaurant the whole ride there. I went in with no expectations and boy was I surprised. Upon entering we were immediately seated by a courteous hostess. Although there were many groups in the vicinity, we were seated far enough that we could not hear the next group conversation.

Our waitress was very patient, she understood it was my first time and helped make the decisions easier for me. Even though we were waiting on a third person, she still stopped by and retrieved our order. In my past experience when the waiter knew you were waiting on someone they barely gave you the time of day. So this was refreshing to be treated as such. The drinks were refreshing, appetizers delicious, and the oil/ raspberry vinaigrette duping sauce was to die for. Finally dinner came and I was so stuffed on everything else I couldn't finish my juicy salmon. The night ended when our waitress brought over a liquid nitrogen aroma therapy bowl. I know this sounds super wired but it was so cool. Just imagine a cold smoke covering your table while the smell of ginger and smoke engulfs you.

In all it was a great experience and wonderful food. I am happy I made the trip.

1  Thank Java S