“"Go to the Pond House Grille! - That's all, just go!”
Review of Pond House Grille - CLOSED

Pond House Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pond House Grille is a new pulse in the dining scene in Glastonbury. The New American Eclectic cuisine will delight your culinary senses. The focus is on fresh ingredients inspired from cuisines reaching the far corners of the globe. Although the food is the star of the show, we aim to provide you with a completely enjoyable experience from start to finish. Enjoy the culinary delights with a bottle of wine off of our carefully selected wine list or a trendy drink from the bar. All the while sitting comfortably in our dining room which is as eclectic and stylish as the food. Our porch will invite you to enjoy the beautiful weather with outside dining. Knowledgeable and attentive service will culminate this meal into one not soon forgotten.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stopped here since another restaurant in the area had a line and boy am I glad! The staff, the food the dessert - everything was spectacular! I enjoyed the service and the food so much that after I got home I sent each one of them a thank-you note, from the host who seated us, to the chef, the server, they all "went over the top" to make it a memorable evening! I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I had Sunday brunch at the Pond House Cafe on April 21, 2013. We were promptly seated and given a brunch menu upon our arrival. The menu contained a diversity of entrees at reasonable prices. Our waitress was friendly and very informative. My wife ordered the vegetable omelet, and I ordered the BLT omelet. It took about 20 minutes to receive our order, which was slightly longer than expected. Both our orders came with home fries and corn bread. My wife and I were very satisfied with our meals, as we found everything very tasty. Plus, everything was cooked to perfection. The restaurant environment was plain and simple, which is fine with me. However, my only complaint is that it was very noisy, despite being filled to only half capacity.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The menu allows you to choose small plates(perfectly filling for an average appetite) or full entrees with leftovers to take home. Creative seasonal specials are routinely good. A recent addition of a stellar pastry chef makes dessert worth getting, so save some room.

1  Thank ElizabethS363
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had dinner at The Pond House Grill on March 28th. I had dined here before and anticipated a wonderful meal. HOWEVER - it took several minutes before we saw a waitress, several more before we even had water, several more before our drinks arrived and half an hour more before we got our salad AND AN HOUR BEFORE WE GOT OUR ENTREES. By that time we had eaten two plates of bread and were no longer hungry. While my entree was nice (steak and salad) my companion's pasta seafood special was ho-hum. For the high end prices, this place needs to step it up. Apparently the owners do not read the copious reviews that are telling them that the service is glacially slow. Can't the chef cook more than 2 meals at once? We then had to sit and sit before the waitress came to clean off our plates and give us the bill - and only did so after another staff member saw us sitting and sitting and perhaps took pity on us. I suggest ordering in a pizza from Bertuccis to eat while you wait for your food.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went today for brunch to celebrate an engagement and birthday. We were approached by 3 servers while we waited for the rest of our party which was promising that they were eager to serve us and not keep us waiting. Once everyone was there, our drink orders were taken promptly. After a short wait, our orders were taken. We finished our drinks, which took about a half hour or so, and were told our orders would be out soon. We were asked if we wanted more drinks, but we declined. About 15 minutes later, our food was still not out, and we were asked again if we wanted more drinks. We declined again and were told our food would be out soon. About 10 minutes later, I asked what appeared to be a manager to see about our orders. She came out from the kitchen and told us they were being plated. Once the orders came out, they were followed by several apologies for the wait. The food was very good. I had the Katz omelette, and several variations of eggs Benedict were served. At the end of the day, it really seemed like they were more interested in building the check on drinks than getting food orders out of the kitchen. The servers were attentive and not hard to find, but the wait for our food was a bit longer than normal or necessary.