“Very crowded,huuuuuuge menu,loud atmosphere”
Review of Maggie McFly's

Maggie McFly's
Ranked #20 of 90 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our Passion is for making our guests fresh, delicious, and locally sourced dishes and drinks while letting them relax in a beautiful atmosphere. From Farm fresh eggs and grass fed beef to our locally sourced cupcakes and everywhere in between. Maggie McFly’s understands the importance of bringing our guests the best ingredients possible while supporting the local community and the environment.
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Food wise:my party of four had burgers,salmon burger,Waldorf chicken salad sandwich and everything came quickly and at correct doneness and temperature.is doneness a word?you know what I mean.the place is really nice inside.it is a fun place where everyone is smiling and laughing.you get what you pay for but nothing more.free valet parking to make up for small parking lot.try it you might like it.big bar area

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited this place on a Monday night so we were seated quickly which was nice
The service was ok not good but not horrible.
Food was very mediocre with a LARGE price.
They claim that they are "unique" ..... Couldn't find anything about the place that seemed remotely close to it!
Another turn off is while they claim they serve gluten free and they do- its an up charge....really guys!!!!! So on top of my overpriced burger I have to pay extra ?
Without any drinks (only waters) and one desert shared between 4 people , our bill was slightly over $80. That seems abit high for the quality and the atmosphere of this place. Plan B is def a better choice
Good luck to them!

5  Thank anniem4690
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Maggie McFly's is the latest incarnation in the seemly cursed Glastonbury Blvd location. The menu is extensive. My husband and I had the hanger steaks. We were both very happy with the variations. The bar has a large variety. Would have liked a side salad with dinner but left satisfied. The parking lot is tiny but having complementary valet helps.

1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed January 20, 2013

while my first visit was ok, good tacos and good hamburger, my second visit was not good at all. I had ribs and they were almost inedible. Tough and way overcooked. Plus the barbecue sauce was boring. The mashed potatoes were ok, but almost cold. My friends fish was good though. My first visit I ordered truffles for dessert, they were cute, but honestly, go buy a bag of lindt chocolates, they are alot better. Todays dessert was the red velvet cake. Awful. When you walk in, there is a display case of desserts. They ALL look wonderful. Well I didnt get anything that looked like that. There was hardly any frosting at all on the cake and it was either extremely stale, or just taken out of a freezer, or both. I may go back again someday, but I cant take the food serious and I will NEVER order dessert there again. The bar does serve nice martinis. Thats about all that i would go there for again and maybe a appetizer..

2  Thank HAND1991
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'd say, like the first review, that maybe it's the building....a great location right off Rts. 2 and 3 with a bad track record: a few places have failed here. Now Maggie is there and I don't predict a long stay. I had high hopes...the menu is H-U-G-E (apps, soup, sandwiches, pizza, burgers, steak/ribs, pasta/seafood....) with many interesting-sounding dishes...and variety is not just for food....Great beer selection plus some bourbons and scotch brands not usually found. And the prices are ok. But the food is bland to bad. And I read all the reviews on the other 3 locations and while some people seem to love Maggie, there are too many who agree with me to think it was an off day. Maybe Maggie tries to do too much and should focus on a few things.

It was five of us on Sunday at 3 pm. The place was half full and attractive but noisy. They have TVs but none pointed at the ends of the bar where tables are. We had spinach/articoke dip (bland, not enough for all the veggies/chips/bread provided), buffalo wings (served with no buffalo...came back and they still had no visible sauce...and they are too crispy), nachos (bland, not enough toppings), ahi wontons (not bad) and fried calimari (not my thing but others who like calimari didn't like it).

Would love to find a fun place with good bar food nearby to watch sports...will keep looking.

2  Thank nagled